• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Biobank: December 2016 Newsletter

MEMum

Just double-checking,
There is only one UK ME Biobank: incorporates Royal Free/UCL/London school of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

charles shepherd

Well, there will be a fatigue one once MEGA gets theirs set up, which they will call a CFS/ME biobank.

All of the blood samples that are now stored in the ME Biobank are from people who have Canadian and/or Fukuda defined ME/CFS

As everyone has a very detailed clinical assessment prior to acceptance we can also detect if they meet other criteria such as SEID

All of the blood samples that are now stored in the ME Biobank are from people who have Canadian and/or Fukuda defined ME/CFS

As everyone has a very detailed clinical assessment prior to acceptance we can also detect if they meet other criteria such as SEID
Have no doubts that this biobank has been set up correctly, I just have absolutely no faith in what MEGA plans to do.