The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME Biobank: December 2016 Newsletter

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, Dec 19, 2016.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

The December 2016 Newsletter from the ME Biobank is now up on the news section of the ME Biobank website:

http://cureme.lshtm.ac.uk/category/news/

The ME Biobank at the Royal Free Hospital forms part of the University College London Biobank and is funded by the ME Association Ramsay Research Fund

Dr Charles Shepherd
    Chairman, ME Biobank Steering Group

Solstice, Theodore, Dolphin and 8 others like this.
  2. MEMum

MEMum Senior Member

Just double-checking,
    There is only one UK ME Biobank: incorporates Royal Free/UCL/London school of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

3. charles shepherd

Yes - this is the first and only UK Biobank for blood samples from people with ME/CFS

Website home page: http://cureme.lshtm.ac.uk

4. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    Well done the MEA and everyone else involved.

Solstice and Dolphin like this.
  5. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Well, there will be a fatigue one once MEGA gets theirs set up, which they will call a CFS/ME biobank.

Valentijn and TiredSam like this.
  6. charles shepherd

All of the blood samples that are now stored in the ME Biobank are from people who have Canadian and/or Fukuda defined ME/CFS

As everyone has a very detailed clinical assessment prior to acceptance we can also detect if they meet other criteria such as SEID

Comet likes this.
  7. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Have no doubts that this biobank has been set up correctly, I just have absolutely no faith in what MEGA plans to do.

Valentijn and Lindberg like this.

See more popular forum discussions.