Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME Awareness Week: TV report on meeting at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, May 12, 2016.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

ME AWARENESS WEEK: TV REPORT ON OXFORD MEETING AT JOHN RADCLIFFE HOSPITAL (MEA and OMEGA)

Oxfordshire TV report on the meeting on Tuseday (May 10th) at the John Radciiffe Hospital where we showed the film 'Forgotten Plague'

This was followed by a lecture on research into mitochomdrial dysfunction in ME/CFS by Dr Karl Morten, who has just been awarded a new research grant from the ME Association's Ramsay Research Fund

And a discussion on various ME Awareness Week events and initiatives

Taking part in the news report:

Professor Norman Booth - OMEGA
    Nicki Strong - MEA trustee
    Dr Charles Shepherd - Hon Medical Adviser, MEA

Video news report:

Forgotten Plague trailer:

Forgotten Plague on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/d..._tt_wbr_aiv?ie=UTF8&tag=imdbtag_tt_wbr_aiv-21

MEA Early and Accurate Diagnosis campaign:
    http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...nals-that-could-improve-prognosis-9-may-2016/

MEA Disability Rating Scale (2016 update):
    http://www.meassociation.org.uk/2016/05/the-mea-disability-rating-scale-2016/

2. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    The mother of a child with ME came to my self-help group this week, she could hardly speak about it without bursting into tears, her husband had to take over. Well done to NIcki Strong at the end of the video for describing what's going on with her kids so articulately, must have been incredibly difficult for her. Leaves you speechless.

MeSci, Mel9, BurnA and 6 others like this.
  3. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Great that they had this event.
    Yes she was marvellous and so eloquent at describing it - she would make a great spokesperson.

MeSci, TiredSam, mango and 1 other person like this.
  4. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    It really makes you wonder how the Lightning Process can be allowed to exist, let alone be effectively promoted by some publicly funded researchers. If a drug was making people severely ill for three and half years it would be banned, wouldn't it?

MeSci, Little Bluestem, justy and 5 others like this.
  5. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

ME the greatest medical cover up of yhe 21st century

ME patients treated in the most inhumane way possible

ME the suffering, the fear, the neglect, the pain, the harm by the medical community

ME the largest infectious outbreak hidden and lied about to the masses

See more popular forum discussions.