1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME Awareness Day T-shirts and other supplies?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by SOC, May 3, 2014.

1. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Are any of our advocacy or fund-raising groups selling ME Awareness Day t-shirts, blue ribbon pins, or other awareness supplies? I'd like to buy some t-shirts at least, but I'd rather the money goes to an advocacy or research fund than some random person on Cafe Press or Zazzle.
    taniaaust1, ggingues and rosie26 like this.
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    @SOC I think the National CFIDS org sells pins that state "its not Me, its ME". Don't think they put that on their website, but it is put in there quarterly newsletter, and all the money you spend on the newsletter goes to research. FYI

GG
    rosie26 likes this.
  3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    They have started to sell shirts and bags. http://mecfsdocumentary.com/shop/

It's sad we don't have an integrated community with a standard ribbon, slogan, and logo. There are so many fundraisers for small causes that have this.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
    rosie26 and SOC like this.
  5. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Indeed it is sad. FWIW, I believe "our" ribbon is blue. I will be wearing a blue ribbon on May 12.
    taniaaust1 and rosie26 like this.
  6. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I will wear some blue ribbon too.
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    SOC likes this.
  7. PNR2008

PNR2008 Senior Member

OH USA
    I have 2 tee shirts, one is the theme "a disease of a thousand names" take on Dr. Bell's book and another " we're marching to Washington DC". These were from at least 20 years ago. No wonder I'm sad.
    SickOfSickness and Wildcat like this.
  8. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    If I was able to go, I'd wear a blue ribbon too. I think we can say that's our colour with that. The ME community does thou need a well known catchy ME logo.
  9. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    What about car decals? I think that these decals have so much more visibility. The problem with t-shirts is that so many of us are house/bed bound. I could be wearing blue ribbons all over my body but, if I'm laying in bed, who is going to see that?

My family or friends would not wear t-shirts with logos but I think they would be receptive to car decals about M.E.
    SOC likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.