Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME Association - their thoughts on XMRV

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by V99, Jul 5, 2010.

1. V99

V99

UK
    I wont post the first part as it is mostly about the NIH statement, the CAA statement & WSJ

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1335:latest-xmrv-study-from-us-fails-to-find-evidence-of-the-virus-in-mecfs-mea-summary-and-statement&catid=30:news&Itemid=161

2. Min

Min Guest

UK
    Sitting on that fence all these years must be very painful for them, they'll get piles.

If the tiny charities Invest in ME and ME Research UK can find researchers and fund recent and ongoing research looking for the biological cause of M.E. (using the Canadian criteria to select patients), why can't they?

They keep asking for donations to the Ramsay Research fund but personally I wouldn't give them a single penny (nor the weasel huggers at Action for ME)

3. V99

V99

UK
    Nor would I, well said min.

4. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

V99,

Thanks for posting.

In the discussion of similarities of HIV fatigue to ME/CFS, orthostatic intolerance in HIV is mentioned.
    Another HIV study
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2398458
    indicates 88% of 96 HIV patients experienced blood volume loss, another ME/CFS symptom.

Raises the question of whether all retroviruses (HIV, HTLV, XMRV) cause OI and BV loss?
    And whether they all cause PEM or might that symptom be unique to XMRV?

Gemini

5. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Gemini, very interesting.

Tina

See more popular forum discussions.