• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Assoc. June survey - Vit. D testing

Hugo

@johmil have you had your magnesium levels tested? there are better tests than RBC which is not that accurate. My levels were below normal. If you are low or below normal perhaps your doctor will consider it.

Yes I thought about that, maybe it can help, what testlab do you use? US or Europe?

Mij

@johmil I had it done at a Canadian lab, my RBC was below normal, so this meant it was very low because only a small amount can be measured in the blood.

Here is a lab in the US that measures mg in the cells which is much more accurate. I don't know if you have something similar in Europe.

http://www.exatest.com/physicians.htm

Hugo

I saw in your link that it was something called Exa test. Im sure it would be a better measurement but unfortnatly not something my doctor would go for... but I think he might be listening to me if I got a blood cell RBC test (even thats not the common test as you know since they just do serum test).