• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Advocacy Action: Urgent - Ask Congress to Cancel IOM Contract and Adopt CCC!

Delia

Delia and anyone else interested, there's a Facebook group that's been in operation for about two weeks now you might want to join. It's called "U.S. Campaign for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/624505110934978/

It appears to be closed. To be honest, i've been so sick I never learned how to use Facebook...

I'd very much like to be a part of a single focus group on resisting/fighting the IOM :(

Ember

It appears to be closed. To be honest, i've been so sick I never learned how to use Facebook...

I'd very much like to be a part of a single focus group on resisting/fighting the IOM :(
Unfortunately, Phoenix Rising isn't prepared to give the IOM issue its own section with subheadings. I wonder whether ME/CFS Forums could help in any way.

Yesterday, Wildaisy posted, from Jackie Robinson on Facebook, ****WAKE UP PEOPLE! WE HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM ON OUR HANDS!!!!**** She suggested earlier, “If anyone would like for me to assist, please contact me at Wildaisyfl@yahoo.com.”

When a Facebook group is "closed" it only means you have to request to join. There should be a tab that says something like, "ask to join" toward the top right of the page.

Delia

When a Facebook group is "closed" it only means you have to request to join. There should be a tab that says something like, "ask to join" toward the top right of the page.

Ok! I did that. :) thanks!

And changed my signature to that Facebook page

Ember

Kina set up a new forum dedicated to the IOM contract earlier today.
I've asked whether the new forum could be given more prominence, along with subheadings, but Mark explained here that it's considered too small and that the structure of these forums needs to be logical, with its index kept to a manageable level.

Perhaps Facebook can provide the solution, after all.

Delia

I've asked whether the new forum could be given more prominence, along with subheadings, but Mark explained here that it's considered too small and that the structure of these forums needs to be logical, with its index kept to a manageable level.

Perhaps Facebook can provide the solution, after all.

I wonder if at the very least a brief mention could be put on the home page and linked to the new IOM forum.

I have been waiting since September 24 for PR to follow up with their promise to let us know what action steps to take next.

Instead PR has been silent, valuable time has been lost, and we have all been scrambling to even find some of the multiple threads on this issue. :(