• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MDP blog: There has been some really neat news for ME/CFS recently, here’s a quick round up..

Blog post from The Microbe Discovery Project, giving an overview of some of the recent news from the ME/CFS world. It picks up something that I'd missed, that apparently Francis Collins has been asked to stay on as NIH director. Also covers Ron's recent videos, the recent articles bashing PACE, NIH Directors blog and Unrest.
Dr. Collins May Be Staying On As NIH Director
The Solve ME/CFS Initiative newsletter has just reported that Dr. Francis Collins has been invited to stay on as Director of the NIH, stating:

“Dr. Nahle was able to meet briefly with Dr. Francis Collins who announced at the conference that he has been officially invited by the new administration to continue as the Director of the NIH.”

Hopefully Dr. Collins does choose to continue his role, as we have had more movement than ever before under his leadership. This would also help with some continuity for ME/CFS when there are very large concerns due to the recent proposed federal budget cuts to the NIH. These budget cuts are detailed more here by Jennie Spotila, Cort Johnson and the Solve ME/CFS initiative. The concerns are very real, please take action and contact republican representatives and tell them you do not want the NIH budget to be cut!
http://microbediscovery.org/2017/03/26/neat-mecfs-news/

Denise

Very interesting - thanks for pointing this out @AndyPR .

Earlier this week I saw that John Ioannidis was being asked to head NIH.
"Mr. Ioannidis, whose name has become synonymous with reproducibility, has himself has become a subject of concern. Multiple news reports in recent weeks described the Trump administration as considering him to head the National Institutes of Health. Mr. Ioannidis isn’t seeking the job, and said in an interview that he has "no tolerance for any overt or covert anti-science agendas."