• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MCS what do i do? and are EPD injections worth it?

I have bad MCS and I'm soon moving to a house which I'm allergic to. I'm looking at ways to eliminate chemicals that I'm sensitive to in the house. (I have no choice but to move there) but I am really worried about it as last time I was in a place where i struggled with chemicals/ allergens I got really ill and have never really recovered.

I currently pretty much live in a bedroom with a wooden floor and bed and know furniture at all. It's quite embarrassing! Anyway I wondered what some options are to decrease my sensitivites.

I had a couple of EPD injections which were expensive and and I had to travel to get them which was difficult. Is it worth getting more the research seems to be very sketchy to say the least. Are they other kinds of allergy shots/injections to improve chemical sensitivity. I take anthistimines which don't help much. Anyway any advise is really appreciated!

sianrecovery

Tough one Aquila - I feel for you. I haven't done EPD - but you might want to message Maryb to get her experience of them. In terms of the house, you could try getting a damn good air purifier if you haven't already, and you could try improving your ability to kick out toxins via methylation, if its an issue, detox with sauna etc, and some of the energy stuff like Donna Eden's if you are open to that stuff. Fundamentally, though, and I have finally accepted that I have am going to have to move if I want to get better, I think there is a limit to what we can ask our bodies to adapt to, when their ability to cope it already compromised. So - do you really have to move to a place which you already think will make you worse?

Thanks sian, yes I've got a good air purifier and have got a fir sauna but I'm way too ill to use it unfortunately. And yeh I do have to move as I live with my parents who look after me and they are moving so not much choice sadly!

caledonia

As you're saying, the first line of defense is avoidance. You can rapidly offgas the house by closing it up in the daytime and turning up the heat as high as it will go. Then at night turn off the heat and open the windows to let the toxins escape. Rinse and repeat until no smell comes out. This might take at least a week or more (maybe up to a month?) Of course, you personally don't want to be the one to go in the house to open the windows, unless you're wearing a charcoal filter mask.

Other options are removing offending items or sealing them up with AFM SafeSeal http://www.afmsafecoat.com/products.php?page=2

You'll need to be living somewhere else while the house is offgassing. If necessary, you can live in a tent in the backyard. You don't want to be sucking up the fumes making yourself sicker.

For the long term, you can cure MCS. I have done this myself. The reason you have it is because you're low in glutathione, which is the body's natural detoxifier. You can raise glutathione by doing a methylation protocol. You may or may not be able to take glutathione directly. Some people can handle it better than others. In any case, the best long term choice is still to do a methylation protocol. This should improve your ME/CFS if you also have that, and any other methylation related problems you may have.

Watch/read the links in my signature below starting with the Methylation Made Easy videos for more information.

I do not have severe MCS like yourself. (I only react to chlorine, artificial perfumes and things like soap/washing powder scent, so it's extremely mild.)

However I did have EPD injections with Dr Myhill. I had no MCS. I just had M.E and bad dust mite allergy. After I received a couple of EPD injections from her all my M.E symptoms got horrifically worse. She insisted on putting in food allergen mix in the injections even though I had no digestive problems. I developed food allergies and intolerances after the injections. It could be that she happened to make up the injections wrong. It could be just me.

My one example is not enough to make a decision on but I thought I should tell it anyway.