• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MCS Vegetables help !

douglasmich

Hello

I have devloped MCS. I will describe my current intolerances.

If i breathe in BBQ smoke i feel horribly sick and pannicky and takes me 1-2 days to recover.

If i eat non-organic vegetables, artifical sweeteners, emulsifiers, supplements, drugs and anything that isnt autoimmune paleo i get dry mouth, ear/nose pressure, depression, SEVERE brain fog and lethargy.

I have gotton some organic vegetables to try, i suspect im reacting to the pesticdes.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced reactions to non organic veg?

thanks

Strawberry

I have known several people that couldn't tolerate many foods, but found that when they switched to organic their issues went away. You might want to try an elimination diet, then slowly add in the problem food in organic form one per month. Pesticides and chemicals are terrible for us MCAS sufferers! 100% organic isn't something I have made a complete switch with yet, but thankfully wheat is my only food sensitivity.