1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MCADs, post nasal drip and chronic sore throats ?

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by xchocoholic, Nov 21, 2012.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    So is anyone else thinking this could be why pwcs have chronic post nasal drip and sore throats ? I don't think
    I've had an exam since getting cfs where the dr didn't say I had post nasal drip and a red throat.

I've known for a few years now that taking a tsp or less of Children's liq Benadryl or sucking on a Children's
    chewable Benadryl soothed my throat for a little while. I read that it actually has numbing properties.

Does this mean we have mast cell activation just in our throats sometimes ? Or is this just a common place
    for mast cells to be over active if there's activity elsewhere ?

thanks .. X
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    The post nasal drip may also be "infected" from the sinuses and this could be causing the sore throat. This is what seems to happen to me.

Sushi
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Sorry to hear that you're getting sinus infections. I know how painful those can be. I'm not getting those. Kow.

The reason I thought this could be from mcad is that this area is
    continiously running. Which means histamine is being released, right ? Mine responds to liq or chewable benadryl too.

Tc .. X
  4. triffid113

triffid113 Day of the Square Peg

Michigan
    Just a tip...I have chronic post nasal drip - yes, but it does not cause sore throats. I do get unending sore throats in winter IF I have to breath dry air. Long time ago an allergist clued me in - he said to put a pan of water in front of the register in my bedroom. Voila! The incessant sore throats went away. (But not the post nasal drip)

See more popular forum discussions.