1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MAYO CLINIC ON XMRV: March 04th Talk in Sacramento

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by parvofighter, Mar 3, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue Senior Member

Yes since I am xmrv positive and husband is hepatitis c positive. I keep wondering if there is an association I am not one of your brilliant Science tech minds. He would have never none if his blood test had not come back with liver enzymes high.
    I am neg for hep c and so is family.

Thanks you smart ones for keeping us updated.
    Cort Thank you for this board.
  2. raul

raul

Thank you, Doogle!

Is this further evidence, then, that XMRV is present in a few percent of healthy controls? It seems to me to fit in better with the Science paper and the Japanese study than with the UK and Dutch papers, but maybe I a missing something since people are not commenting on it. I know this was tissue and the other papers are blood tests. I dont remember if the previous prostate papers (Silverman etc) also tested healthy controls.
  3. hensue

hensue Senior Member

Doogle
    Thanks so much!
    What did he mean about the inderect association of hepatitis c and H pylori?
  4. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    I have a friends that's hep c, and we have quite a few symptoms in common.

Thank you for this Doogle, and nice to meet you.
  5. Doogle

Doogle Senior Member

Yes, I believe it supports that there is some range of asymptomatic people positive with XMRV. There could also be some ME/CFS patients included in the normal prostate control samples. It would be an interesting retrospective study.

I don't believe the previous prostate papers tested controls.
  6. Doogle

Doogle Senior Member

Sorry, he didn't explain it as I recall.

See more popular forum discussions.