• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

May proclamation by Christie for CFS awareness

Nielk

The NJCFS has posted this official proclamation by Governor Chris Christie declaring the month of May 2013 as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome month.
Proclamation-2013-622x1024.jpg

Valentijn

Chris Christie is one of my favorite politicians. Very much not into playing the stupid political games, and generally a decent-seeming human being who just focuses on getting his job done right.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Must admit I don't understand what I'm looking at there! Is it some sort of skit on the US Constitution or something?

We need a sociological deconstruction of this one! :)

snowathlete

Super. I think I saw one other last year, somewhere else. Can't remember where, but looked similar.

Happy ME/CFS/FM/MCS awareness month everybody!!! :balloons: :balloons: :balloons::balloons: sorry...no purple balloons.

jeffrez

gooooooooooooooooooood idea! its easy for him to do, right?

who here has his cell?

I don't think you need his cell. The White House will respond to any petition at We The People https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/ that gets over a certain threshold of signatures. You can also tweet his twitter account @BarackObama.

I don't know if your response was intended to be snarky, but there are many ways to get involved and petition our leaders these days. You don't even need to leave your chair. ;-)

snowathlete

I don't think you need his cell. The White House will respond to any petition at We The People https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/ that gets over a certain threshold of signatures. You can also tweet his twitter account @BarackObama.

I don't know if your response was intended to be snarky, but there are many ways to get involved and petition our leaders these days. You don't even need to leave your chair. ;-)

No, seriously, I thought it was a good idea. I wasn't trying to be snarky at all, just making a joke of the question of how we would get his attention for it. I can see, reading back, why you thought I was being snarky but I was actually just being enthusiastic. Obviously, we can't just give him a ring on his cell, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't promote this idea.
I think you 25,000 people to sign the petition, is that right, so that probably wont work if we want it to happen this year before the 12th May. Twitter isn't a bad idea, that could work quicker. I'm in the Uk so the political system is different, but would people in the US be able to phone their representatives and ask them to push it up?

jeffrez

No, seriously, I thought it was a good idea. I wasn't trying to be snarky at all, just making a joke of the question of how we would get his attention for it. I can see, reading back, why you thought I was being snarky but I was actually just being enthusiastic. Obviously, we can't just give him a ring on his cell, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't promote this idea.
I think you 25,000 people to sign the petition, is that right, so that probably wont work if we want it to happen this year before the 12th May. Twitter isn't a bad idea, that could work quicker. I'm in the Uk so the political system is different, but would people in the US be able to phone their representatives and ask them to push it up?

Oh, I wasn't sure, but thanks for clarifying. : -)

For an executive order, I don't think we would need to deal with our (mostly) lame representatives. But it appears that for the second term they changed the threshold again, this time to 100,000 signatures - in 30 days. :confused:That doesn't really seem doable, so I guess it's an idea that destined for the circular file, lol.