Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Maximol Solutions (b12) is this product....

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by LivingwithFibro, Apr 5, 2015.

1. LivingwithFibro

LivingwithFibro Senior Member

Hello guys!

I have been advised to use this product by my Practitioner (not methylation but gut). It contains B12 and other things. Can you please check if the form of b12 is correct? Would this product be helpful for me or would it be better to avoid it?

http://www.purenewyou.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165&products_id=226

Maximol Ingredients:

• Water
    • Fructose
    • Magnesium Gluconate
    • Blueberry Juice Concentrate
    • Citric Acid
    • Calcium Lactate
    • Raspberry Juice Concentrate
    • Calcium Gluconate
    • Beet Juice Powder
    • Ascorbic Acid
    • Flavouring: Natural Flavours Potassium Chloride
    • Inulin
    • High ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) Fruit Extracts: 0.13%
    • Preservative: Potassium Sorbate
    • Copper Gluconate
    • Ferrous Gluconate
    • Zinc Citrate
    • Nicotinamide
    • Sea Salt
    • Calcium D-pantothenate
    • Thiamin Hydrochloride
    • Manganese Sulphate
    • Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
    • Riboflavin
    • Chromium Chloride
    • Sodium Molybdate
    • Folic Acid
    • Sodium Selenite
    • Rice Protein Concentrate
    • Biotin
    • Cyanocobalamin
    • amino acid blend (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine, L-alanine, L-arginine, L-aspartic acid, L-lysine, L-proline, L-serine, L-threonine, L-histidine, L-methionine, L-ornithine)

2. LivingwithFibro

here's the product from the UK shop and the ingredients are different here

Ingredients
    Water, blueberry juice from concentrate, raspberry juice from concentrate, sweetener: sucrose, calcium lactate, magnesium chloride, acidity regulator: hydrochloric acid, high ORAC fruit blend [grape seed extract (Vitis vinifera), and powders of strawberries (Fragaria virginiana), oranges (Citrussinensis), wild blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus)], berry flavour, inulin, potassium chloride, black carrot powder, amino acid blend (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine, L-alanine, L-arginine, L-aspartic acid, L-lysine, L-proline, L-serine, L-threonine, L-histidine, L-methionine, L-ornithine), ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, preservative: sodium benzoate, biotin, niacinamide, copper gluconate, manganese chloride, sea salt, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, sodium molybdate, chromium (III) chloride, sodium selenate, potassium iodide.

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    You don't want folic acid. And selenite form of selenium is not helpful, same with cyan form of B12: cyanide. Rice protein could be a problem if you're gluten intolerant, as rice is gluten cross-reactive.

helen1 likes this.
  4. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    @LivingwithFibro ,
    Each of us is different, so answering your question in a vacuum isn't so easy to do. If you're like @ahmo , above, with the MTHFR C677T SNP, folic acid is to be avoided. I don't have that one, so I can use it. I have the MTRR SNP as shown in my signature, though, so I can't use the cyanocobalamin. If you have your results, you'll have a better idea if these forms of these B vitamins are useful to you. And there may be other things in that formula that your practitioner is interested in, so please discuss your concerns with the practitioner.

5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I thought rice was safe for gluten intolerant people :eek:
    Aren't most gluten-free products based on rice / corn flours?

cheers

ETA: this is probably an interesting read

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

@PeterPositive I only learned of this last year, during some of the thyroid summit talks. I was truly dismayed when I heard it.:(

See also: http://blog.primohealthcoach.com/bid/79586/18-Gluten-Cross-Reactive-Foods

helen1 likes this.
  7. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

By golly! If I had to remove all of those foods from my current diet I could safely become a waterarian(*)! :eek::D

(*)= surviving only on water

ETA: By the way I find the list a little "suspicious" because they have included spelt, barley and rye. Those of course contain gluten! So what's with the "cross reactivity"?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Lou and helen1 like this.
  8. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

@PeterPositive I can only guess that they included the things you mentioned because people tend to associate gluten with wheat only. I'm not a waterarian, but have a very limited diet, not just due to gluten. After hearing about this I discovered that my thyroid rx contained corn starch. Once I switched to compounded T3, an area of reactivity on my neck resolved.

9. LivingwithFibro

Thank you people.

See more popular forum discussions.