• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Matching Donations for Our First-Ever Widely Circulated Press Release - MEDIA ALERT!

muffin

Matching Donations for Our First-Ever Widely Circulated Press Release - The ME/CFS Worldwide Patient Alliance (MCWPA)

We have an Angel donor willing to match donations up to $1,000 for us to be able to send a press release to all major media outlets and reporters in the U.S. and U.K. This is timed to go out on the same day as the ad, to bring attention to the ad, the cause and the illness. The American media is our main target because international media will usually follow them, but we'd like to include the U.K. media since patients need so much help there.

The cost for this wire service is $1,130. That's our goal. If we raise more than this we can also target other media around the world. By the way, in using this service we are also buying a special Washington, D.C.-based list to help ensure coverage there.

Our MCWPA ad is a first - never has a patient group raised this much money or advertised in a major daily newspaper! Getting our press release into the hands of all major media in the U.S. and U.K. would also be a first! Please help us reach this goal. Remember, the ad is only half our program; public relations is the other half. Tina will be updating you shortly on the ad.

Any donations, large or small are so appreciated! Thank you all for making this happen.

Websites for learning about this major worldwide media campaign, joining as a member, or donating to the Cause can be found at the following links: http://www.causes.com/causes/511536?m=f042604e and http://www.mcwpa.org/

Thank You -- The ME/CFS Worldwide Patient Alliance (MCWPA) Team

beesknees

How long is the matching funds going on? I'd love to give but dont have the money right now.