Red Hot researchers spice up Chilli ME Challenge — Live!
Watch renowned researchers Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig take the Chilli ME Challenge, LIVE from New York by webcast this coming Wednesday, 1st July at 1 p.m. EST.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mastocytosis: Diagnosis, Classification, and Therapy

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by nanonug, Nov 15, 2012.

1. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
  2. MNC

MNC Senior Member

Thanks for this.

3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Hi nanonug,

In looking at page 31, I noticed that they didn't recommend treating for h pylori for peptic
    ulcers. Is it possible that this area of medicine has missed that ? Or is this info old ?

They mentioned treating neuro symptoms with h1s too. What's up with that ?

Tc .. X

4. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    These would be for H. pylori-negative peptic ulcers, caused by excessive histamine leading to increased stomach acid.

H1/H2 blockers appear to be "standard practice" for mast cell activation disorders. I suspect this is due to the auto-excitatory nature of histamine on mast cells. However, there might be other reasons I am not aware of.

xchocoholic likes this.
  5. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I can tell from experimenting with h1 mc meds, including Benadryl, and Klonopin that h1s don't stop my myoclonus / jerking.
    Klonopin nails it tho. So I'm surprised that they'd suggest using mc meds for neuro problems. It is just a chart
    tho. Lol.

tc .. X

6. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    What I found most interesting was the suggestion of using cromolyn sodium for neuro symptoms. Cromolyn sodium pretty much stays in the gut so I guess the old adage of "it's all in your gut" might old true after all. In my case, there is definitely a very strong correlation between gut and neurological symptoms.

See more popular forum discussions.