1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mast Cells and TINNITUS

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by acrosstheveil, Jul 3, 2014.

1. end

end Senior Member

I noticed you said you have tried niacin, on another thread. I have read that nicotinamide at high dosages(1000mg x3 day)prevent histamine release from mast cells. Have you tried this before at this dose? How can you tell the "niacin is dumping methyl groups" ?

How is the sodium cromolyn used/dispensed?
    Sammy likes this.
  2. acrosstheveil

acrosstheveil Senior Member

i have tried it before. It seems to work temporarily but then I feel so out of it because it messes with my methylation protocol. It is well known that niacin is used to slow down methylation.

The cromolyn sodium is oral solution. I have yet to pick it up from the pharmacy.
  3. acrosstheveil

acrosstheveil Senior Member

i've tried high dose methylfolate again and it seems to be helping. i'm on 16mg a day right now of metafolin. For some reason I can't tolerate quatrefolic even at a quarter of this dosage.
    ahmo likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.