1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Martine McCutcheon opens up about the seven years she suffered from cfs and depression

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Sep 22, 2013.

1. maryb

maryb Senior Member

UK
    @Guido den Broeder
    With my illness I've had periods when I've lost a lot of weight, lost all muscle tone and my skin has hung off me, putting weight back on helps with how I look, and had other periods of feeling a bit better and looking it, but as you age naturally plus the ravages of the illness, this is a double whammy so consequences are not good long term.

Like @peggy-sue I cannot believe how old and haggard I look now. (don't do the webcam look its a bad un)
    For one who was always taken to be 10/15yrs younger than my age before ME its a blow. yes that does sound vain but its true...........
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    "Taking steps back to work" meaning she is still ill and possibly still in denial about her limitations.

But then again, positive thinking is a bias that we all suffer from... ;)
    Valentijn and Bob like this.
  3. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    I haven't watched these programs but people are saying online she has been on two shows this week and talks about depression mostly and extolling the virtues of the Lightening Process! This doesn't sound helpful
    Wildcat likes this.
  4. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    The world needs more transparency.

I would like to know if she is being paid to extol LP.

As an actress/public personality she has a rather expensive lifestyle to support.
  5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Useful to know. Although after being LPed/hypnotised for 3 days, one will tend to become a walking advertisement for LP, going around saying you don't have impairments, whether it's true or not.
    Valentijn likes this.
  6. Firestormm

Firestormm Content Team Lead

Cornwall England
  7. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...erfect-weekend-Martine-McCutcheon-singer.html

A much better explanation than in previous articles - it looks like she wrote all of this one herself, so no chance for the media to muck it up. I think she makes the same mistake a lot of us do, in attributing the cause to a specific factor based entirely on guess-work. Sure she was stressed, but she was also getting infections (or one recurring/chronic infection?), so I think she passes the buck a bit by ultimately blaming stress.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    Firestormm, SOC and Bob like this.
  8. Firestormm

Firestormm Content Team Lead

Cornwall England
    She still can't help herself though can she? Bless:

Valentijn likes this.
  9. MeSci

MeSci Activity level: 6

Cornwall, UK
    Well, fresh fruit and juice are full of the kind of minerals that people with ME tend to be deficient in, and they are certainly healthier than processed food and added sugar.

Makes more sense than CBT for people who don't have psychological problems.
    SilverbladeTE likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.