1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Martha Kilcoynes 8 step protocol.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by justy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Hi, i am just wondering if anyone has tried following Martha Kilcoynes 8 step protocol as outlined in her book. What she says about allowing your body enough rest to heal makes sense, although i have been ill for a lot longer than her and also have had remmissions and a gradual or lifelong onset, so not sure if her case was very different to mine.

Anyhow, just wondering what feedback others have who have tried it or have thoughts on it. I have started keeping a diary and slowing down and resting more, which is giving me very mixed results so far. Also i am struggling to find my healing level of activity as it seems to be getting less and less, and yet when i try to sleep the extra hours a day as she suggests i find i cant sleep.

Just hoping for a bit of support/advice. Thanks.
  2. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    I have read the book but my brain fog won't let me have access to the info.
    This is so frustrating! Sorry, I can't help.
  3. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Rest is very important of course. We also have to have a doctor that understands what supplements body needs, blood testing for nutrients etc.
  4. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    well, as i am in the u.k and out of work, i am afraid there is no chance of that.
  5. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I'm sorry. The best thing then, is to get all of the rest you can and eat superfoods. Lots of nutrients. Veggies, fruit etc.

See more popular forum discussions.