• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Marly Silverman nominated for Jewish Heroes Award--possible $25,000 or PANDORA

*GG*

I like your signature Dolphin, think I am going to borrow it. ;)Seems lengthy, but it appears to fit with the count limitation.

Yeah, fainting is similar to passing out. But you usually pass out for other reasons! 2 different medical situations.

GG

PS thanks for the laughs!

Dolphin

Thanks GG.
Marly has now gone past another person and is now in 12th position. :Retro smile:

------
Re: pass out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3z9MkzDMH8
Take a ride in my Mustang at 100 MPH. Listen to the sound of the automatic transmission shifting into 5th gear at the third sign. I passed the car out at about 80 MPH then between there and the bridge kept it between 90 and 100.
This person is from East Lyme, Connecticut.
and
from somebody (a transgendered lady which helps explain it) in Viginia:
http://melissasmeanderings-melissa.blogspot.com/2010/06/out-for-delivery-at-731-am-delivered-at.html
I have passed him out on the road while driving that truck as Melissa, and I know that he has seen me.

Anyway, just doing this for my own sake. I have recently come across a phrase that isn't an international phrase which has made me a bit paranoid (in case anyone is curious, it's "to give out" e.g. John was giving out about the amount of homework he gets at school - it means to complain)

*GG*

Thanks for the update! That sentence would read fine without the word "out". Not an english major here though, English was actually my second language.

GG

Nielk

:balloons::balloons::balloons:Marly is in 11th place!!!!!!!!!!!:balloons::balloons::balloons:

I think the fact that today was Yom Kippur, worked in our favor.
It was just over an hour ago, so probably many others didn't get too many votes today.

Dolphin

Trying to think positive: if one gets a message that one has already voted in the last 24 hours, in this case, rather than "beat oneself up" a little for doing it, one could see it as positive. The smaller one can reduce the gap between each vote (24 hours being the minimum) the more votes one can get in in the voting period.

It probably also means for this contest more than most, one doesn't just need a single daily reminder, but actually a few reminders as different people need to be reminded at different times of the day.
So we should keep this thread fairly busy, I think.

To me, I'm hopeful we'll get Marly into the top 10 - we look like we gained ground on 10th not just yesterday but over the last few days - gap is down to 186 votes now.

Nielk

Good morning, It's 8:30 am US EST. Do you know where your vote for Marly is?

Dolphin

Gap from Marly (11th) to 9th place is 233. I have a feeling it was less than that yesterday. So if we get to 10th, we might not move up to 9th without more votes. 10th is better than 11th of course but still might be vulnerable to a charge from somebody behind.

So would be good to get some new voters as well as trying to vote as close to 24 hours as possible.

ETA: Actually perhaps I am remembering when Marly was in 12th position and looking at 10th i.e. my recollection is incorrect. Anyway, I've noted the gap here now so we can see how it changes.

Nielk

For all those who want to do something constructive. It doesn't always have to do with climbing mountains. Sometimes, we can start with baby steps, like pressing a key on the computer and voting for Marly. Why, you might say will this help me? Well, Marly heads an organization called P,A.N.D.OR.A. The organization represents, advocates and works for our benefit. Please do your share. If we can't accomplish this small benefit, how can we ever expect to wake people up and do what it takes to raise awareness and big funding for our illness.