• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Marly Silverman nominated for Jewish Heroes Award--possible $25,000 or PANDORA

Nielk

We can really do this if we set our minds to make Marly a winner. Let's do something positive with our energy!
;):victory:;)

Dolphin

Marly needs 123 votes to get to 12th place, and 35 more for the 11th place.
Let's keep voting!:victory:
Sometime yesterday, maybe 16 (??) hours ago, there was a gap of 170 votes to 12th place, so the gap is gradually narrowing.

Don't forget lots of people started long before Marly - the contest started on Sept 7th (I think it was) i.e. they got a headstart.

Nielk

I see a total of 4,078 registered members on this forum. Even if only half are active, we should be able to get 2,000 votes a day just from this forum.

Dolphin

I see a total of 4,078 registered members on this forum. Even if only half are active, we should be able to get 2,000 votes a day just from this forum.
Past experience suggests that would be rather optimistic. But I've followed your lead and changed my signature. Others can too - just go into the "Notifications" section (top right of screen) and click "edit signature".

Dolphin

Sometime yesterday, maybe 16 (??) hours ago, there was a gap of 170 votes to 12th place, so the gap is gradually narrowing.

Don't forget lots of people started long before Marly - the contest started on Sept 7th (I think it was) i.e. they got a headstart.
Small update: Gap down to 12th down to under 100 (94), gap to 11th now 117, gap to 10th now down to 210.

Dolphin

So, we need 211 votes right now?
The gap is 210. But that person will of course get votes, so we need to get 211 more than them. But there is also the chance people lower down could make a charge so nothing should be taken for granted.

Nielk

The gap is 210. But that person will of course get votes, so we need to get 211 more than them. But there is also the chance people lower down could make a charge so nothing should be taken for granted.

Right! So just vote, vote, vote. please!

Boule de feu

A little white lie won't hurt to get people going... LOL;)

What if each of us who are voting would send a private e-mail to 5 members of this forum?
I think that if we let them know that we are 200 votes short, we will get more votes.

justinreilly

I am voting daily as an expression of support to a fellow ME advocate.

fwiw, I do just want to express, that I wish that PANDORA and the coaltion4mecfs took a harder line against CDC and CBT/GET. I am uncomfortable with Dr. Klimas' frequent use of the term "chronic fatigue" and pushing of exercise in ME. It may have some very limited utility, but the dangers of emphaisizing exercise in ME are too great, imo.