• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Marly Silverman nominated for Jewish Heroes Award--possible $25,000 or PANDORA

frenchtulip

Great news! Marly S. has been nominated--I'll just copy her message here:

I am in Ottawa, Canada attending the IACFS-ME Conference. I have some good news. Jean Maskuli nominated me for the Jewish Heroes Award. If enough people vote for me I will get at least 1,000 for PANDORA, if I can make it to the top 5. Here is the link:
http://www.jewishcommunityheroes.org/nominees/profile/marly-silverman/

I've been nominated as a Hero for the Jewish Community Heroes campaign -- a celebration of the members of our community who make the Jewish principle of tikkun olam a part of their daily lives. If I win, I'll get a $25,000 grant for my community project. Imagine all the good I'll be able to do with that money!

Vote for me so I can be named the Jewish Community Hero of the Year:

http://www.jewishcommunityheroes.org/vote-for-me

You may vote daily. Thanks for your help!

Nielk

I just tried voting again for Marly Silverman at: http://www.jewishcommunityheroes.org...rly-silverman/
but it says 12 hours have to pass since your last vote and it didn't go through.
I voted last 13 hours ago. I don't get it. Do they mean 24 hours?
Did anyone else try again?

I just checked the rules and it is every 24 hours.
We can vote daily till November 10th.
All you need to do is give them your e-mail address.

Nielk

I voted again, after 24 hours and it went through no problem.
Let's do this for Marly!

Dolphin

Link to sign up for daily reminders

Link to sign up for daily reminders:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265820213451665

I saw the rules briefly and it's not all done by voting. I don't know if that is good or not but hopefully with the daily event (which others might not have - ssh! don't tip them off) we could get her into the group that qualifies from the voting.

frenchtulip

Thanks for all the votes for Marly. I know she appreciates it and will do great things with any prize money.

I think the rules are a little confusing. I think you can vote for 2 different persons each 24 hr. period--one in each 12-hr. period. But you can only vote once for the same person each 24-hr. period. Today I tried to vote just a few minutes before my 24-hr. period was up, and it wouldn't let me vote. When the 24-hr. period was up, there was no problem.

I am trying to vote just after the 24-hr. period lapses each day. I got to thinking if I waited several hours after the period was up each day, that could mean I wouldn't get quite as many votes cast in the end. So I will be keeping pretty close track of my voting times.

frenchtulip

Link to sign up for daily reminders:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265820213451665

I saw the rules briefly and it's not all done by voting. I don't know if that is good or not but hopefully with the daily event (which others might not have - ssh! don't tip them off) we could get her into the group that qualifies from the voting.

Dolphin, thanks for the link for daily reminders.

I had to go back and look at the rules. You are right that it is not all done by voting.

0. The public nominates and votes for their favorite heroes. The deadline for new nominations is 11:59 PM Eastern Time on September 27, 2011.
0. Public voting for the nominees will end on 11:59 PM Eastern Time on November 10, 2011.
0. The top ten vote-getters in the Professionals category and the ton ten in the Volunteers category will determine the 20 semifinalists. All votes will be audited to ensure no ineligible votes have been submitted intentionally or unwittingly by participants. The list of semifinalists is not official until the end of this audit, which may affect the composition and order of the semifinalist list.
0. A panel of judges selects the five finalists, including the Jewish Community Hero of the Year, all of whom receive a Heroes grant. The winners will be announced in December. Please note that ALL Heroes nominees will receive a certificate of recognition at the end of the campaign.

Boule de feu

Thanks for all the votes for Marly. I know she appreciates it and will do great things with any prize money.

I think the rules are a little confusing. I think you can vote for 2 different persons each 24 hr. period--one in each 12-hr. period. But you can only vote once for the same person each 24-hr. period. Today I tried to vote just a few minutes before my 24-hr. period was up, and it wouldn't let me vote. When the 24-hr. period was up, there was no problem.

I am trying to vote just after the 24-hr. period lapses each day. I got to thinking if I waited several hours after the period was up each day, that could mean I wouldn't get quite as many votes cast in the end. So I will be keeping pretty close track of my voting times.

Great idea! It will be 6 P.M. for me!

Nielk

Regardless of the decision of the panel at the end, all we can do is keep voting to get Marly to be in the top 5.
We should do our part and hope for the best. Marly deserves it. She has worked so hard for us. Now we can show some appreciation.

eric_s

I don't know if my vote is being counted or not. The number of votes seems to be the same before and after voting. But if i try to vote again, it says i can only vote again in 12 hours.

How is it for you? Does the number go up after casting your vote?

Nielk

I didn't check after I voted but, I know that her total count is going up.

frenchtulip

I don't know if my vote is being counted or not. The number of votes seems to be the same before and after voting. But if i try to vote again, it says i can only vote again in 12 hours.

How is it for you? Does the number go up after casting your vote?

The same thing happened to me. I voted but the count did not go up, so I emailed the organization to ask them to check. Then I checked back in about 10 minutes and the vote had increased by one. I don't know whether that was my vote or someone else had voted. At any rate, I have not received a response to my email. Maybe there is just a delay in their system in registering votes.