• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Map of High Risk Lyme Areas

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
upload_2014-8-19_21-35-51.png

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I grew up in Northern Minnesota. My dad lives out on Lake Superior in an area that is Woodsy. We go and visit him all the time and go for walks around the lake. I had no idea it was a high risk area. Both my husband and I are sick and my son has shown signs of being ill with Fibromyalgia off and on. I have no idea how one goes about getting a diagnosis of chronic lyme. If anyone knows of a doctor we can see, either in Northern Minnesota or the Colorado area, please let me know. Thanks.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Mya Symons Any doctor can order a test kit from IgeneX (the one including co-infections is best and many insurance companies pay for it) for you, draw the blood and send it in. If it is positive, finding appropriate treatment would be harder. Dr Karen Vrchota used to treat Lyme in Minnesota but I don't know her methods.

Incidentally, I think there are more accurate maps available now as they have learned of many other big problem areas.

Sushi