Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Map of High Risk Lyme Areas

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Mya Symons, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Washington
  2. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Washington
    I grew up in Northern Minnesota. My dad lives out on Lake Superior in an area that is Woodsy. We go and visit him all the time and go for walks around the lake. I had no idea it was a high risk area. Both my husband and I are sick and my son has shown signs of being ill with Fibromyalgia off and on. I have no idea how one goes about getting a diagnosis of chronic lyme. If anyone knows of a doctor we can see, either in Northern Minnesota or the Colorado area, please let me know. Thanks.

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @Mya Symons Any doctor can order a test kit from IgeneX (the one including co-infections is best and many insurance companies pay for it) for you, draw the blood and send it in. If it is positive, finding appropriate treatment would be harder. Dr Karen Vrchota used to treat Lyme in Minnesota but I don't know her methods.

Incidentally, I think there are more accurate maps available now as they have learned of many other big problem areas.

Sushi

4. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Anyone have the creation date for that map? It looks a bit dated. Those were the high risk areas 20-30 years ago imo.

Valentijn and Sushi like this.

See more popular forum discussions.