Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MAOA GAD1 COMT

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by LongLiveTheKing, Mar 16, 2016.

1. LongLiveTheKing

LongLiveTheKing

I'm about to go to bed because I'm up late reading up on all of these so I figured before I went to bed I would post my results from nutra hacker to see if anything jumps out at people with more experience with the subject then I. I know some people really hate nutra hacker, I have other reports as well. I'm not sure why they only show one MAOA on nutra hacker as I'm also rs6323(G;G) and rs909525(G;G). That confuses me too because it says 6323 it produces higher activity form but 909525 would have me as a smaller "repeater" so I don't know what the overall effect on COMT would be. I remember reading a lot of SNP's that are associated with schizophrenia which is kind of a scary thought. To make matters worse is the symptoms of schizophrenia fit me to a T minus the hearing and seeing things. Untitled.png Untitled2.png Untitled3.png Untitled4.png Untitled5.png Untitled6.png Untitled7.png Untitled8.png

Edit: I've been advised that I should post symptoms. Brain fog, lethargy, finding it difficult to start tasks, can't seem to put together sentences well in my head. Very intelligent, I have tested around genius level IQ. Was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and have been using a CPAP for over a year now with not quite as much change in energy levels as I would have hoped. Tend to have insomnia issues. I have a borderline photographic memory at times, like for test taking but other times my short and long term memory just seem off. From reading I think an excess of Glutamate and lack of Gaba would make sense. Also, feel like Dopamine could be an issue. Almost left out anxiety. I have been diagnosed with general anxiety and was on an SSRI for awhile. I decided to stop taking it. The following symptoms of schizophrenia sound just like me.

Negative symptoms: “Negative” symptoms are associated with disruptions to normal emotions and behaviors. Symptoms include:

• “Flat affect” (reduced expression of emotions via facial expression or voice tone)
    • Reduced feelings of pleasure in everyday life
    • Difficulty beginning and sustaining activities
    • Reduced speaking
    Cognitive symptoms: For some patients, the cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia are subtle, but for others, they are more severe and patients may notice changes in their memory or other aspects of thinking. Symptoms include:

• Poor “executive functioning” (the ability to understand information and use it to make decisions)
    • Trouble focusing or paying attention
    • Problems with “working memory” (the ability to use information immediately after learning it)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. LongLiveTheKing

LongLiveTheKing

3. LongLiveTheKing

LongLiveTheKing

These are some of the results from Sterling's App.

Attached Files:

• 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      126.2 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      127.8 KB
      Views:

See more popular forum discussions.