Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MAO A R297R rs6323 TT +/+ status causing histamine intolerance since starting meth protocol?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by chilove, Nov 7, 2013.

1. chilove

chilove

Hi guys,

Awhile back I posted about my histamine intolerance becoming severe after starting methylation protocols (although I benefit from them in other ways).

Do you know if this MAO A R297R rs6323 TT +/+ status is likely what's causing histamine intolerance?

Thanks so much!

Audrey

2. heyitisjustin

heyitisjustin Senior Member

MAOA is involved in breaking down histamine so to some degree yes.

3. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    That SNP doesn't do anything. See here and here for posts on MAO A SNPs.

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

The function of the gene doesn't carry over to all (or even most) of the SNPs on it. The SNP quoted doesn't impact upon MAOA function.

5. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Did you check your DAO status? Here is one article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2011.02548.x/full
    It does state that the genetic background of HIT is unknown. I don't think it even mentions my homozygous SNP, which is rs2111902, risk allele is G.

See more popular forum discussions.