• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Many FOOD SENSITIVITIES.

Hello to all .I am new on this forum and i need some advice on my new symptom.

About 1 month ago a lot of food sensitivities appeared on top of my already existing dairy and sugar sensitivities(I have them since the beginning of my undiagnosed CFS 2 years ago).I became sensitive to gluten, beans,peas,potatoes,apples,chicken meet,fish.

I now eat only polenta , pork ,sometimes turkey , bananas , cabbage, carrots ,sometimes rice(i have a moderate reaction to it,especially to brown rice) and i try to discover new foods which i can add to my very limited diet .

My symptoms which starts immediately or couple minutes after ingestion are as follows: mild tingling in face and head(especially in the back of the head), dizziness , brain fog , fatigue , anxiety , depression ,
elevated heart rate and sometimes palpitations ,worsening OI , fluctuating tinnitus,and sometimes chills and cold hands.After sweats and sugar i do not get the tingling but i have all the other symptoms, dizziness being the most severe one.The symptoms improve within 2-3 hours after meal.

My skin never become red, i do not have skin rush or eczema, just that mild tingling on face and head and the other symptoms i posted.

I observed that i have a reaction to raw beans or cabbage for example only if i touch them.The symptoms are the same . But on the other hand , even if i have the symptoms if i touch raw cabbage , i can eat it if cooked without any problems.........

I have no gastrointestinal symptoms ,no pain, no bloating,only constipation in the last 2 weeks maybe because a lack of fibers in my diet ??? i only added cabbage and carrots 1 week ago.

My life became a living hell since i started having all this sensitivities to foods 1 month ago and i appreciate any advice or recommendation.

Sorry about any mistakes ,english is not my first language .Thank you.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hello to all .I am new on this forum and i need some advice on my new symptom.

About 1 month ago a lot of food sensitivities appeared on top of my already existing dairy and sugar sensitivities(I have them since the beginning of my undiagnosed CFS 2 years ago).I became sensitive to gluten, beans,peas,potatoes,apples,chicken meet,fish.

I now eat only polenta , pork ,sometimes turkey , bananas , cabbage, carrots ,sometimes rice(i have a moderate reaction to it,especially to brown rice) and i try to discover new foods which i can add to my very limited diet .

My symptoms which starts immediately or couple minutes after ingestion are as follows: mild tingling in face and head(especially in the back of the head), dizziness , brain fog , fatigue , anxiety , depression ,
elevated heart rate and sometimes palpitations ,worsening OI , fluctuating tinnitus,and sometimes chills and cold hands.After sweats and sugar i do not get the tingling but i have all the other symptoms, dizziness being the most severe one.The symptoms improve within 2-3 hours after meal.

My skin never become red, i do not have skin rush or eczema, just that mild tingling on face and head and the other symptoms i posted.

I observed that i have a reaction to raw beans or cabbage for example only if i touch them.The symptoms are the same . But on the other hand , even if i have the symptoms if i touch raw cabbage , i can eat it if cooked without any problems.........

I have no gastrointestinal symptoms ,no pain, no bloating,only constipation in the last 2 weeks maybe because a lack of fibers in my diet ??? i only added cabbage and carrots 1 week ago.

My life became a living hell since i started having all this sensitivities to foods 1 month ago and i appreciate any advice or recommendation.What can i do? I wonder what i will do if i become sensitive to even more foods?? I just do not want to think about this...

Sorry about any mistakes ,english is not my first language .Thank you.

Hi dd_euro,

What country are you in? I know of a good nutritional therapist who works with an ME doctor in Belgium.

Sushi

caledonia

Have you tried eating the organic versions of the food you're allergic to? If it's not organic, there could be nitrites, sulfites or other hidden food additives which might be what you're actually reacting to.

For example, I get an anxiety reaction from nuts, berries and shrimp, but not if they're organic. Self muscle testing is a good way to test if foods are safe. I test foods right in the store before I buy them.

In general, you'll want to do a rotation diet, so you don't develop allergies to your "safe" foods.

hello sushi , i live in eastern europe , how can i get in contact with this doctor ?

caledonia , i tried organic beans and i get the same reaction . This is the first time i hear about muscle testing for food sensitivities i will have to do some reading on the subject, maybe you can tell me how you do it in stores?:) .

Regarding the rotation diet you talk about, it`s better to try and rotate as many foods as i can(even if they are not on my list for 100% `safe` foods) , or to rotate only the foods that do not give me any reaction ? I don`t have so many safe foods and i don`t think i can do a proper rotation diet, and in the first case i don`t know if it is good to stress the body with problem foods,even if they cause only a mild-moderate reaction??
My doctor prescribed digestive enzymes and other supplement and i will see how i feel on them.

taniaaust1

dd.. in my own case I found that even small amounts of food I was slightly reacting too.. kept me reacting to them. It was only by cutting them out of my diet long term that after a time I could take them again without them putting my health down any. (like as if it gave my bowel or something a chance to heal)

Due to avoidance for a couple of years.. i can now eat dairy again without headaches and other effects from it.

I myself also found that the more bad exposures I had to things... the more my overall amount of food sensitivities increased in number.

Timaca

Do you know what happened to you a month ago that caused all these sensitivities to develop?

Other foods which tend to be less problematic for people include: squashes (all types), pears, cranberries, sweet potatoes, yams, rabbit, lamb, cooked carrots, parsnips, quinoa, tapioca, millet, parsnips, lettuce and rice.

I got this info from 2 books which I have on the subject:

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Allergie...&keywords=food+alleriges+and+food+intolerance

http://www.amazon.com/Dealing-Food-...6&sr=1-1&keywords=dealing+with+food+allergies

Best, Timaca

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
idk about your specific food sensitivities (like for instance maybe there is some substance in those foods that interacts in a special way with your neurochemistry) but I HAVE been sensitive myself to wheat and cured it. I had learned that zinc prevents cold by "filling in the crevices in the nose through which the rhinovirus enters". I rationalised that what happens is zinc is needed to make skin and if you are low in zinc your body tries to do its best by making your pores larger so that the available zinc can be stretched further. (On dogs zinc deficiency can be so great that they get open sores). So your intestines are also skin. If you get insufficient zinc, you will have larger pores in your intestines and undigested food will be absorbed into the bloodtsream. Undigested wheat is particularly nasty - causing allergies whose symptoms are brain depression and fog (although it's heavier than fog) and joint pain. I avoided gluten for 2 years and during that time I became more and more sensitive so I finally gave it up as not working. Then I decided to supplement zinc - to fight back. That worked. Something to consider.