1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Manganese : chelated v. ionic

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Asklipia, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

I was taking 20 mg manganese chelated per day.
    On 8th July I started taking 10 mg manganese chelated + 1 teaspoon WaterOz manganese ionic.
    I immediately felt a difference : the WaterOz is definitely much stronger/more efficient.

A few days after the change I can report that when taking a teaspoon of ionic manganese I see absolutely no yellow in my pee after taking B2. Same happens to my husband.

This must mean that B2 is more easily absorbed/efficiently used with ionic Manganese.
    There is a definite diffrence in absorption between the two, but it also is a different type of Manganese.
    Chelated is Mn+2
    Ionic is Mn +3, I recall, but my chemistry days are far away. Maybe I am wrong?
  2. fozzaw

fozzaw

Do you think there is any benefit to one form over another besides the issue of absorbability? I wonder if there is a built in safety feature in chelated Mn that reduces the risk of overdose, as the literature on Mn toxicity relates to inhaled and well water sources, sort of like the advantage of chelated iron over inorganic salts.

See more popular forum discussions.