1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Male CFS Patients May Have Option

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Daisymay, Dec 9, 2009.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    IHMO, (and I think that of many doctors), there are multiple 'causes' of CFS...and they're different for every patient...that's precisely why it's so difficult to treat.

Even Cheney's interpretation of the XMRV news included his views that environmental toxins, dietary issues, and other stressors (bacterial, fungal, and just 'stress' itself) were still part of the picture and will need to be addressed.

d.
  2. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

Propecia

I have had CFS and have been on Propecia for the entire length of my illness.

I do not have a severe case compared to the bedbound crew- (though it is severe to me.) I work, and function- but my life is very restricted- exercise is out of the question.

Anyways- I don't know what that says or does not say about DHT and XMRV (although I have not tested for the virus yet).

Maybe I should get off the Propecia for a month and see if my symptoms get worse.
  3. guest

guest Guest

Would be interesting to know if propecia helps with xmrv.
  4. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

I have a receding hairline and I commenced taking propecia the very same week I developed my first symptoms of CFS / POTS. How very strange... I even wondered whether the drug caused it through some epigenetic thing...
  5. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    Most people assume that low progesterone levels in men mean low DHT as well, but in fact low progesterone levels in men increase DHT not the reverse.

Lots of doctors treat prostate enlargement caused by increased DHT levels by dosing with progesterone.

Low levels of progesterone can be caused by severe prolonged stress, and progesterone is needed to form cortisol,testosterone,estrogen and other steroid hormones which are especially important for PWC's.

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=1228

See more popular forum discussions.