Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Magtein magnesium headaches

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joe12, Jan 19, 2016.

1. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

I took two capsules of Jarrow's MagMind and have even more sinus pain and pressure sensation, and in addition kind of like a migraine, what could be the reason? Should I stop taking it?

2. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

Your decision. What do you think you should do?

That said, if it was me I would stop taking it. Almost nothing worse than a migraine.

Then I would read up on magnesium, the different kinds of it there are, and the potential side effects. I would also research or re-research the symptoms I am trying to address, and then make an informed decision.

No one can tell you what to do here. You make a decisioin based on what you know and what you think is the right thing to do for you. We're all so different...what works for me might not work for you, etc. Self-education is the key.

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

I have no specific expertise-- so am offering an opinion for your consideration.
    It could simply be too strong. Too much too soon.
    I have found magnesium to be helpful. there are many formulations. Mg Malate has certainly helped.
    But--I say this about all supplements I've tried--the temptation is if a standard dose of a supplement works than maybe more will work better. Alas, it rarely works that way. It might apply to this in that super effective highly potent formulas can be like high dosing a regular one.

Ultimately, it's hard to know without doing a little N=1 testing.

whodathunkit likes this.
  4. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Jarrow MagMind is magnesium L-threonate, the only type of magnesium that crosses the blood-brain barrier. A quick google search said that some patients get relief from migraines by taking it.

If I thought a supplement was causing a problem I would stop taking it, wait a few days, then take it again to see if the same symptoms showed up.

whodathunkit likes this.
  5. xptriado

xptriado Senior Member

this supplement made me very focused but it also abolished completely my sleep.

i didnt even get a wink

See more popular forum discussions.