1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopic Imaging & Volumetric Measurements of Brain in Post-Cancer fatigue

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

This paper is available for free at: http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0074638

There is quite a lot of talk about CFS in this and how CBT increased brain volume. However, that was an uncontrolled studies (letters were published highlighting this issue and others with the study). One can't assume CBT caused the increased the brain volume - it could have been due to the passage of time, with some people with CFS improving (for example).

Gijs Bleijenberg was involved in both studies.

Valentijn likes this.
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    I don't really agree with the conclusions as the studies are apples/oranges (the CFS study did not have a control group etc).

It seems sad that almost everyone seems to want to exclude the other fatigue syndromes as being completely different physiologically. Sure there will be some differences, but there also necessarily must be some similarities.

See more popular forum discussions.