• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Magnesium Threonate is like Speed!

perchance dreamer

I feel a good relaxing effect from soaking in Epsom salts. I don't feel that in a plain bath with no salts. I also get a relaxation effect from applying magnesium oil all over my skin and letting it stay on 20 minutes before rinsing it off in the shower. It sure is itchy during those 20 minutes, though.

I feel a good relaxing effect from soaking in Epsom salts. I don't feel that in a plain bath with no salts. I also get a relaxation effect from applying magnesium oil all over my skin and letting it stay on 20 minutes before rinsing it off in the shower. It sure is itchy during those 20 minutes, though.
I surely am not patient enough to do all of that, especially every day (and magnesium is easily and rapidly excreted).

Do you guys still feel stimulation from magnesium l-threonate or sedation? I found that taking the full 144mg dose (2g of powder) at once made me super sleepy in the past but it feels stimulating nowadays, while still occasionally making me very sleepy. What would cause this?

Do you guys still feel stimulation from magnesium l-threonate or sedation? I found that taking the full 144mg dose (2g of powder) at once made me super sleepy in the past but it feels stimulating nowadays, while still occasionally making me very sleepy. What would cause this?
Always take CONTEXT in account to filter the effect from life itself. Food, emotion, stress etc. If I haven’t slept much and eaten a heavy meal I’ll feel sleepy no matter what)

Is there anybody else who can give a review of MgT? I am once again on it, but recommended 3 capsules per day (2000 mg MgT=144 mg Mg2+) is really a very low dose. I am using 8 to 12 capsules per day (384 to 576 mg Mg2+ per day = 5336 to 8004 mg MgT). Smoothly stimulating, especially for cognitive function, but without anxiety).