The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Magnesium sulfate bad effect?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by vision blue, Dec 2, 2016.

1. vision blue

vision blue

I decided to try to use the lesser known conjugation to sulfate pathway to try get rid of my excess dopamine and tyramine. It seemed to work at first in that I was suddently less overstimulated/less contstant symptatetic nervous system arousal but got a bad side effect- my muscles all started hurting and feeling strange - all over - started i thin in feet or legs, ascended and was just everywhere. they were also stiff; not sure if they were also weak since walking was tricky, but could have been from stiffness. I think in the past i've had a sulfate problem since i remember i decided not to use epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) but to instead use magnesium oil (magensium chloride), which i use with no ill effects (and a little postive benefit). I should add when i say i tried it, I only soaked feet in it; am very senstitive to meds orally. My muscles are now improving- but now can also feel the overstimulation thing returning! Its possible i did indeed succeed in binding some of the dopamine and tyramine but it had widespread consequenes. I"ve never tested my sulfate pathway I don't think, so don't know how well that works. Under the worst scenario, lowering my dopamine and tyramine is bad for me- i.e. perhaps they are doing something important and there's a reason they are so high; if so, attempts to normalize them could make me too sick. that would be awful.

Paralee likes this.
  2. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    This is interesting. I'm pretty sure I have high dopamine....I don't know where to go from there except to tell you I can't take any sulpha (sp?) or methyl donors. Magnesium is out for me also, except a little oil once in a while (just a few drops on skin). I will look in to tyramine and follow this thread. Good luck.

3. vision blue

vision blue

Hi paralee- thanks for the input. i just started a thread involving dopamine ("my results on neuro biogenic amines'). its interesting that you can't take take either methyl or sulfa (or sulpha) donors- i quickly pointed out in that biogenic amines thread that i'm an over methylator. But i don't know much about the sulfa pathway, so don't know if these go together.

See more popular forum discussions.