Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Magnesium - has anyone found that a magnesium supplement worked?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Bansaw, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

2. Mij

Mij Senior Member

It depends on how deficient you are and how well it's absorbed. I took mg glycinate for many years with no improvement. I started taking IM injections and only then did I notice a huge improvement.

3. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

I prefer Pure Encapsulations brand but it's a little more expensive. I also use PureBulk magnesium glycinate in my drinking water. I agree that magnesium glycinate is well absorbed, it's never caused me any bowel disturbance.

I'm not sure what symptoms you are asking about it making a difference with, but I use it to keep muscle twitching to a minimum and it also seems to mildly decrease anxiety. The effect on both is pretty immediate.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  4. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

I am thinking of getting the bulk supplements one and dissolving it in water.
    I've been taking their Aceytl-L-Carnitine for a few months and it really affects me (positively).
    On the other hand I do have white Zinc deficiency spots on my nails ... and this is even after taking zinc everyday. I am sure I have an absorption issue somewhere. However, the bulk supplements dissolved do seem to work for me better.

5. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Magnesium + B6 should help there.

I found out I could only tolerate magnesium oxide. Epsom salts and Mg glycinate, citrate and aaspartate only worsened ammonia issues.

6. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Thanks. How will Magnesium + B6 help with zinc deficiency?

7. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

The enzimes involved in B6 metabolism use Mg and Zn. It improves absorption if you take them together. I wouldn't take Zn without copper though (Zn 10 : Cu 1).

See more popular forum discussions.