• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 878

naoise

Hi

I have been on gcmaf for just over 4months and the rest should be with me now but have been told it's now not being supplied! So dr.enlander is suggesting I go on MAF878. I can't eat dairy of any form and so how can I take this?! I eat a clean diet and stay close to eat raw foods most of the time so not sure how I can take it.

Any advice would be appreciated

JayS

That's a shame, sorry to hear that. I must say that in my 16 years ill, the MAF878 is just about the best treatment of any kind I've had. And with that said, it's not even the same thing as GcMaf proper--technically I think it's classified as a probiotic. I remember Dr. Enlander had mentioned something about a non-yogurt version--one made with agar. Did he make this suggestion knowing you can't tolerate dairy? I'm just not sure how else it would work...but I would definitely ask about the agar.

Does anybody have any news to report on MAF878? Any successful stories? I'm eager to find out more.

I've been on MAF878 for 2 months and doing amazing.
16 years ill - steady decline. I've spent months not being able to leave the house.
Doing the Wahl's protocol level 3 (plus autoimmune) for 18 months and had been feeling better enough to get out of the house and see Dr. Enlander.
The past 2 weeks I have been cycling 3 days/wk!! I'm afraid to write this out - but I'm not having any symptoms...
Time will tell....
I'm not eating sugar, grains or dairy so culturing with agar.

This is great news Kafka. Please keep us informed of how you go over the coming months with it.

Cheers