1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by shannah, Jun 3, 2012.

1. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

hi, i just ordered some.. and I plan to travel overseas with it...a 24 hr flight.... Do I need to keep it at a certain temp? Do they ship it on ice?
    thanks
  2. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Mine was not shipped on ice, or overnight.......the MAF 878.
  3. shannah

shannah Senior Member

They shipped mine in a glass container AG surrounded by foam packing material - those little squiggly worm things. That might help determine how you want to fly with it.
  4. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Someone asked me in chat last night if it's OK to start the MAF 878 before an intake visit with Dr. Klimas. I asked, and Hannah said it's my call, but if I start it, make sure the doctors know when I get there.
  5. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Just got up and consuming my 2nd dose of MAF314 after breakfast - had little bit of insomnia last night and bit more gas but no bloating - otherwise I feel splendid. Off to work..
    ukxmrv likes this.
  6. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

7. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Does anyone know why it specifically is recommended to be taken with food?

Or what is meant by 'adding some olive or flax seed oil to reduce gastric enzymes digesting the MAF 878'. Do the enzymes then go after the oil instead of the MAF?
  8. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

maybe food helps the medicine absorb better.
  9. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Or maybe both prevent gastric distress. I'm hearing murmurs about bloating.

I took my first small dose (1 tbs) this morning with breakfast and my salmon oil and had no problems.
  10. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Thanks Daff and Madie! Makes sense!

Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees (or is the other way around?)
  11. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I was told that taking some oil would help the MAF878 get into the lower intestine.

Still waiting for mine to arrive but I've started putting togther the things needed.
    shannah likes this.
  12. Hi Everyone & Hiiii Again Forebearance (so great to hear from you!!!!)

I'm following this thread for moral support on this whole MAF-making thing! Mine will be ready to take on Thur PM or Friday AM. Its just percolating right now - so to speak.

Thanks to all who are reporting back "what to expect" and reactions - its very helpful!

Forebearance - how much will you start taking each day - based on the quartered recipe? I think its about 19 ounces (in total) - so maybe 1 or 2 tablespoons - or is that too much to begin with?

Thanks again to everyone!

God Bless,

Elisabeth
  13. Forebearance

Forebearance Senior Member

Great Plains, US
    Well, I will probably start with a drop and see how it goes from there.
    Good luck, Elisabeth!
  14. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    After four small doses (a tablespoonful), I'm getting the same symptoms I do when I've taken too much lomatium isolate to avoid a cold or flu. I'm having paresthesia -- numb tongue, nose, upper arms, thighs and generally feeling pressure all over my body. I was hoping MAF might stimulate my immune system in a way that would be beneficial, but I know from experience that these are not good signs for me. Oh well...nothing ventured, nothing gained.
  15. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi camas. i thought worsening could be a very good sign...?

perhaps you could try a lower dose..thats what Enlander suggested to do if the inflammation gets very bad.

xxoxox
  16. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    Thanks, Daffodil. Maybe it depends on the kind of worsening? This doesn't feel inflammatory -- no pain, headaches, asthma, etc. And no swollen glands or feeling sick. I'm just having a neurological response which I've had when I've overdone immune stimulants in the past and that generally doesn't bode well. I think I've been ill so many years that my issues have become more autoimmune. I'm going to try to get things calmed down with a little extra klonopin and may try it again later at an even tinier dose, but I'm not leaning that way at the moment.
  17. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Sorry to hear that Camas, I didn't notice anything similar when I tried MAF314. Does Benadryl have any effect on these symptoms for you (was a suggestion from one of Dr KDM's patients)?
  18. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    Thanks, ukxmrv. I don't do well with Benadryl, but can tolerate a child's dose of Zyrtec. I don't think it's having any effect though. The only thing that's really helped my neurological symptoms in the past is klonopin and a homeopathic remedy (cereus bonplandii). Really glad I started with only 1 tablespoon. This is potent stuff!
  19. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

camas.....is there anything to indicate that you have some autoimmunity? is your ANA normal?

xoxoxo
  20. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    My ANA has been elevated in the past, but subsequent testing for Lupus, RA, etc. has always been negative, so my doctor hasn't kept tabs on it. I believe the last time I had it checked, maybe four years ago, all was normal.

See more popular forum discussions.