• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

aquariusgirl

hi, i just ordered some.. and I plan to travel overseas with it...a 24 hr flight.... Do I need to keep it at a certain temp? Do they ship it on ice?
thanks

shannah

They shipped mine in a glass container AG surrounded by foam packing material - those little squiggly worm things. That might help determine how you want to fly with it.

maddietod

Someone asked me in chat last night if it's OK to start the MAF 878 before an intake visit with Dr. Klimas. I asked, and Hannah said it's my call, but if I start it, make sure the doctors know when I get there.

mellster

Marco
Just got up and consuming my 2nd dose of MAF314 after breakfast - had little bit of insomnia last night and bit more gas but no bloating - otherwise I feel splendid. Off to work..

shannah

Does anyone know why it specifically is recommended to be taken with food?

Or what is meant by 'adding some olive or flax seed oil to reduce gastric enzymes digesting the MAF 878'. Do the enzymes then go after the oil instead of the MAF?

maddietod

Or maybe both prevent gastric distress. I'm hearing murmurs about bloating.

I took my first small dose (1 tbs) this morning with breakfast and my salmon oil and had no problems.

shannah

Thanks Daff and Madie! Makes sense!

Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees (or is the other way around?)

ukxmrv

I was told that taking some oil would help the MAF878 get into the lower intestine.

Still waiting for mine to arrive but I've started putting togther the things needed.

Hi Everyone & Hiiii Again Forebearance (so great to hear from you!!!!)

I'm following this thread for moral support on this whole MAF-making thing! Mine will be ready to take on Thur PM or Friday AM. Its just percolating right now - so to speak.

Thanks to all who are reporting back "what to expect" and reactions - its very helpful!

Forebearance - how much will you start taking each day - based on the quartered recipe? I think its about 19 ounces (in total) - so maybe 1 or 2 tablespoons - or is that too much to begin with?

Thanks again to everyone!

God Bless,

Elisabeth

camas

After four small doses (a tablespoonful), I'm getting the same symptoms I do when I've taken too much lomatium isolate to avoid a cold or flu. I'm having paresthesia -- numb tongue, nose, upper arms, thighs and generally feeling pressure all over my body. I was hoping MAF might stimulate my immune system in a way that would be beneficial, but I know from experience that these are not good signs for me. Oh well...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Daffodil

hi camas. i thought worsening could be a very good sign...?

perhaps you could try a lower dose..thats what Enlander suggested to do if the inflammation gets very bad.

xxoxox

camas

hi camas. i thought worsening could be a very good sign...? Perhaps you could try a lower dose..thats what Enlander suggested to do if the inflammation gets very bad.

xxoxox

Thanks, Daffodil. Maybe it depends on the kind of worsening? This doesn't feel inflammatory -- no pain, headaches, asthma, etc. And no swollen glands or feeling sick. I'm just having a neurological response which I've had when I've overdone immune stimulants in the past and that generally doesn't bode well. I think I've been ill so many years that my issues have become more autoimmune. I'm going to try to get things calmed down with a little extra klonopin and may try it again later at an even tinier dose, but I'm not leaning that way at the moment.

ukxmrv

Sorry to hear that Camas, I didn't notice anything similar when I tried MAF314. Does Benadryl have any effect on these symptoms for you (was a suggestion from one of Dr KDM's patients)?

camas

Sorry to hear that Camas, I didn't notice anything similar when I tried MAF314. Does Benadryl have any effect on these symptoms for you (was a suggestion from one of Dr KDM's patients)?
Thanks, ukxmrv. I don't do well with Benadryl, but can tolerate a child's dose of Zyrtec. I don't think it's having any effect though. The only thing that's really helped my neurological symptoms in the past is klonopin and a homeopathic remedy (cereus bonplandii). Really glad I started with only 1 tablespoon. This is potent stuff!

Daffodil

camas.....is there anything to indicate that you have some autoimmunity? is your ANA normal?

xoxoxo

camas

camas.....is there anything to indicate that you have some autoimmunity? is your ANA normal?

xoxoxo
My ANA has been elevated in the past, but subsequent testing for Lupus, RA, etc. has always been negative, so my doctor hasn't kept tabs on it. I believe the last time I had it checked, maybe four years ago, all was normal.