• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 314 - All Natural GcMAF Plus Probiotics

I amand have been very interested in MAF either injectabl Gc or probiotic.Maf 314 0r Maf 878.
I am willing to go to Vienna to explore this development, has anybody got an email or phone number for Dr Santos?
Derek Enlander MD

knackers323

Any follow up guys?

What is the general consensus, what sort of improvement can someone hope to get?

How do the different forms and administration routes weigh up against each other? Injections, suppositories, sublingual, yogurt, 314, 787 etc.

xrunner

Hi @knackers323
I only used the probiotic 314 and it worked fine, my nagalase went down from 3.9 to around 1 in one year. With antibiotics it was the treatment that helped me the most in permanently reducing fatigue and other symptoms.
Compared to other forms in addition to lowering your nagalase, the probiotic will help your gut, immunity and sleep. I have tried many powerful probiotics but none had the same positive effect as the 314. The downside was that it tooksome work to prepare it week in week out. If it works for you (it may not) you'll know it in a couple of months but you'll need to take it for at least a year to get the most out of it.
Do you have a diagnosis?

knackers323

@xrunner hi congratulations. Yes a Dx of cfs and mycoplasma fermentans.

What were you taking the antibiotics for?

What is involved with making it each week, how long does it take?

xrunner

@xrunner hi congratulations. Yes a Dx of cfs and mycoplasma fermentans.

What were you taking the antibiotics for?

What is involved with making it each week, how long does it take?
@knackers323 Hi, I had treatment for Lyme, Bartonella, Borrelia (and CPn).
For the sake of completeness, I must add that by the time I used Gcmaf, antibiotics had done all they could so the probiotic Gcmaf gave me further improvement. I don't think it would have worked that well without having treated as much as I could those infections first.

consuegra

xrunner,

Did you stop the MAF? Why? Did it stop bringing improvement? Was there a downside of MAF besides the prep work? Did it ever make you worse? What dosage did you take? Did you vary the dosage?

Cheney indicates that some patients get worse on MAF once their nagalase normalizes.

Thanks for the information.

I am surprised that MAF has disappeared off the radar.

Chris

ukxmrv

I'm surprised as well Chris. Had a really good response to MAF314 but lack of funds makes it impossible for me to buy it now.

There's the new Bravo yoghurt as well.

ukxmrv

I've never made it Knackers323. Did make the MAF878 but it was so long ago now I can't remember the timing.

xrunner

xrunner,

Did you stop the MAF? Why? Did it stop bringing improvement? Was there a downside of MAF besides the prep work? Did it ever make you worse? What dosage did you take? Did you vary the dosage?

Cheney indicates that some patients get worse on MAF once their nagalase normalizes.

Thanks for the information.

I am surprised that MAF has disappeared off the radar.

Chris
The main reason I stopped was that my Nagalase was well within normal range and I wasn't certainly willing to find out whether lowering it further below the lower end of the range would make me better or worse. About that time I also improved on hypothiocyanite so my focus shifted.

The main downside was that I felt worse the first few weeks on it with fatigue and head ache, then that went away and there were steady improvements every couple of months or so.

The dosage I took was 125ml daily. During the second six months I took double that. Once I got used to it, I also tried increasing the colostrum but that hit me very hard and that was the end of the experiment.
Yes I read Cheney's study but that hasn't been the case for me.

consuegra

I have made a lot of MAF and still do. I could do it in my sleep. But I am not a patient. I am an advocate and this makes it more possible for me. Actually I find it easy, a sneeze as they say.

The question which remains unanswered and will probably stay that way is this. Is MAF a short term treatment or can it be sustained over a longer time? Certainly it worked well for my daughter for over a year, normalizing her nagalase - but seems to have lost the magic. However it is very difficult to give up on it.

If one wonders what made MAF go, one surmises colostrum has a lot to do with it. The other item with a pretty solid track record is Transfer Factors, which are also derived from colostrum.

@xrunner, I find your reference to hypothiocyanite of interest, never having heard of it. Can you relate something about it or have you written about it elsewhere?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi consuegra,

I'm an advocate too - for my daughter. She is 21-years old and has CFS, FM, POTS, IBS and adrenal insufficiency. We're going to have our 1st phone consult (ever) with Dr. Enlander. I imagine he is going to suggest either GcMAF, MAF 314/878, or both.

I'm not sure if he recommends these types of treatments to everyone, or only those with high nagalase levels. I guess I'll find out. I was wondering about your daughter's experience with MAF though. From your post above, you say that it normalized her nagalase levels. But, did her CFS symptoms improve correspondingly? And, after a year, you mentioned that it "lost its magic". Does that mean she started to have symptoms again, despite still being on the MAF? I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer. I've read your blog on the subject, and did see that while it can be helpful for some, it does not help everyone (which I know to be true of everything out there).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Scotty81

xrunner

@xrunner, I find your reference to hypothiocyanite of interest, never having heard of it. Can you relate something about it or have you written about it elsewhere?
Hi @consuegra
I posted about it a bit here and there. It's worked very well for me and family members. It's been quite effective against most respiratory infections. It works well in the gut and against other infections and as far as I'm concerned it's given me further improvements although I don't know why. The reason I tried it was that it works against a wide range of pathogens (but not all) and thought was a good complement to abx and other treatments I had already had. For my condition, at least in my case, I found it's better used not continuously but at intervals of a few months. best wishes.