• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 314 - All Natural GcMAF Plus Probiotics

Symptomatic

Today is 4 weeks for me. I double-checked, last time I had blood pulled on 10/8 and didn't get results until 11/26 - so 7 weeks.

lobba123

you did not understand me. I don't mean use colostrum instead of maf. i meant use fresh unprocessed colostrum instead of powder.

sorry didn t read all posts carefully, powder is definitely bad compared to fresh colostrum, i tried it long time ago and it made me candida plus it had aspartame added in the ingrdients and we do know evrything about it today plus it deactivates gcmaf

ukxmrv

I don't think that it is MAF314 but get the impression it is one from the same stable (i.e. through Prof R)

maryb

iherb code TAK122
My nagalase results took 8 weeks to come back - I was told by the path lab thats normal for this test.

jenbooks

They should allow one to buy much smaller batches. Buying a year's worth and sharing it is fine if you know you tolerate it. But if not a huge waste of money. Hopefully they'll see the light.

suzanne

jenbooks...lets hope they come to their senses soon.

I have contacted the website trading under 'bravo' and they sent me the following email in response to a question I asked about how many ng. in a ml of the brave- thought this would be of interest to you all on this site:

"the presence of GcMAF into Bravo Probiotic is based on activity tests performed in laboratory; we can say that roughly 1 ml of Bravo contains the equivalent of 0.4 ng First Immune GcMAF. Part of the proteins and components contained in the Bravo Probiotic are digested once arrived into the stomach as all other food. For this reason to have an high effect the dosage of Bravo has to be higher than GcMAF and the time to obtain important effects has to be prolonged."

Suzanne

jenbooks

suzanne, a milder but effective maf is okay by me--but if it's not Ruggiero why charge those prices? I guess we all need to get a little more info :nerd:

suzanne

Update for those wanting to order MAF 314 from Bravo probiotic.
They now offer a 3 month supply for 550 euros (plus 60 euros for shipping to Australia).

Before I was made aware of this, I had gone ahead with an order of MAF 878 from Dr Elander. Therefore, I will and will test this first (it is also cheaper) and see how I react.

MAF 314 is still an option and at least it is more affordable than their previous insistence on a 12 month supply.

ukxmrv

How are people getting on with the yogurt MAF's?

I'm still getting an intermittent supply from another patient of MAF314. I do well when I take the yogurt and then go downhill again when I stop. If I do manage to get a supply for a month plus I get to a level and then I don't improve after that. The good level continues but it's not high enough to get me back to exercise or work.

Would be interested to hear from others who have used the yogurt MAF's long term.

Rrrr

i used MAF314 yogurt fr Dr. Uta Santos (Ruggiero's connection in Vienna) for a few months and my experience is as follows:

1st month did great, really great, and thus i was able to get out of the house more!
By 6 wks, i got sicker -- back to being bedridden a lot -- and i stopped.

all this came after i had already done the GcMAF injectable (KDM's version: 0.10 cc per week)) for about a year, if i recall correctly, with good results. i stopped the gcmaf injectable due to a crash and hair loss (in the end, i think the hair loss was not from the gcmaf injectable, but rather from hormone changes. and the crash was from over doing it in terms of walking too much due to my excitement at getting well enough to walk again). My nagalese was already below 1.0 when I had stopped the gcmaf injectable (it was 0.69, i think), and 1.0 is the magic number that Dr. Cheney says not to get below or you will crash -- tho there is no real evidence for that theory. however, it could still be true...? that crash did seem to happen to me. but, as always, there could be many reasons/variables/factors for that. anyway, all this is to say that when i started the MAF314 a few months after stopping the gcmaf injectables, it is likely that my nagalase was already low, and then by taking the MAF314 it just got lower. i did test nagalase (always via Health Diagnostics/Vitamin Diagnostics in New Jersey USA) just as i was stopping the MAF314, and it was, i think about 0.67. too low, according to cheney's theory.

if i had to choose between doing gcmaf/maf again, in whatever form, i'd do gcmaf injectable instead of the MAF314 yogurt. for one, it is much easier to do. the MAF314 is tuff to make each week. takes 2 days. and the gcmaf injectable got me able to go on walks again (a gain i have now lost).

right now i'm not doing any type of gcmaf. i'm 9 wks into a Famvir antiviral protocol, with not much to report, as i'm bedridden a lot.

by the way, i did not read earlier in this thread, but from what i hear, ruggiero is the Scientific Director of GcMAF.eu, and the formula to their Bravo probiotic is his MAF314, but supposedly an improved version, whatever that means.

separately, i know two folks who did the MAF314 with me, and both improved. one has ME/CFS and the other has lyme.

ukxmrv

Thanks Rrrr, sorry to hear that you ended up worse off in the end. It may be that my inadvertent method of pulsing the MAF314 ( as my supply is from a patient who has done well and now travels a lot) has saved me from the low nagalase that may be behind the deterioration.