1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Maes and Morris: Diagnosis of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: where are we now?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Not sure if this qualifies as research, so have popped it here in the News. I'm not paying for access although others might like to I suppose.
    SOC and Valentijn like this.
  2. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

It's an editorial and not research. No new information.

I have never heard of this "journal" before but will look for some information.

Barb

ETA LOL!! It says editorial right at the top of Firestorm's article. Facepalm!!
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
  4. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    The good news is that one of the authors has ME and he has direct contact with many top ME/CFS researchers and physicians.

He is a former member of this forum. At this time, his focus is solely on research and writing so he no longer participates in most forums.
  5. Lynne B

Lynne B Senior Member

sydney, australia
    Nielk, thanks for the link. I've just trawled through the entire article. I understand its general thrust, rather than the detail, but I must say I'm impressed by the work and care involved in writing this article. I don't care where I belong, either in the neuro-immune ME or CFS category, but I'm really keen to be classified by the objective criteria the authors have developed. Maybe then, research can go into finding effective treatments.

See more popular forum discussions.