• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

macrophages stimulated by cycloferon

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thought this article may interest others who are looking into GcMAF as it also works on macrophages but alot more expensive and harder to obtain then cycloferon. Cycloferon also works in other ways like NK function etc

This review describes a long-standing experience of screening for interferon (IFN) inducers in Russia. IFN inducers represent a special group of potential antiviral compounds. The main requirements for them are (1) high IFN-inducing activity, (2) absence of side effects, (3) wide spectrum of antimicrobial activity, (4) broad therapeutic security and, (5) good solubility in water and biologic liquids. IFN inducers stimulate IFN production in different cells and organs, and that determines the strategy for their application. Amixin (OOO "Lancepharm," Moscow, Russia) induces IFN-alpha/beta production mostly in T cells. Cycloferon (NTFF "Polysan," St. Petersburg, Russia) stimulates B cells and macrophages to produce almost pure IFN-alpha. Double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) and polyphenols of natural origin stimulate IFN production in different populations of immunocytes. Only polymers, such as Larifan (Riga, Latvia), Kagocel ("NIARnedicplus," Moscow, Russia), and Ragosin (N.F. Gamaleya Institute, Moscow, Russia), induce IFN synthesis in muscles, so they may be effective against rabies. Cycloferon, Larifan, and Kagocel, which induce IFN formation in lungs, may be effective against influenza and rhinoviral infections. Cycloferon and Larifan stimulate IFN production in liver and spleen and may be effective against hepatitis B. Oral compounds (Amixin, Kagocel) that stimulate IFN production in intestines may be effective against hepatitis A and enteroviral infections. Low molecular weight inducers (Amixin, Cycloferon, Kagocel) that penetrate the blood-brain barrier may be active against viral encephalitis. At present, clinical trials of IFN inducers are limited, but in the near future, IFN inducers may be used against very different infections and conditions.

This is the link where i got this article from, also other links to more info on this page and pubmed articles.
http://microbugs.org/showabstract.php?pmid=11244570

cheers!!!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
No worries,

Vli has been interested in cycloferon and i think has started amixin which is also mentioned in the article, hopefully she can give us some feedback on amixin although these things take a little time to work i assume.

cheers!!!

Enid

This sounds stunning news to me heapsreal - with such broad possibilties. Looking forward to feedback too. Many thanks for posting !