The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Maca root cause too much nitric oxyd ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by daniariete2000, Nov 28, 2014.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Good morning,

I want to start Maca root to imoprove my libito but I'm scared about possible increasing of nitric oxyd that I have very high from my last exams.

What do you suggest me ?

Thanks

Daniele

2. Kenshin

Kenshin

Maca root has a bit of hype around it, its not as potent an aphrodisiac as advertised.
    In the Andes they eat it like potatoes...Its fed to livestock etc...Basically its used as a food more than a herb.

I dont know about the nitric oxide content, but as far as libido enhancers you may wanna
    try a "zma" supplement (zinc magnesium B6), half dose if your female because the zinc is quite high.

Magnesium is essential for hormone balance, chocolate is known as an aphrodisiac and has the highest amount of magnesium of any food, along with phyto-compounds that increase dopamine.

If you live in a cold climate, the winter months can really mess with our hormones (due to lack of sunlight). Get direct sun when you can.

As for Maca, its ok, but there are more potent libido enhancing herbs.

Wayne and Gondwanaland like this.
  3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

The iodine content of maca is a concern for someone with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

See more popular forum discussions.