• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Maca root cause too much nitric oxyd ?

daniariete2000

Good morning,

I want to start Maca root to imoprove my libito but I'm scared about possible increasing of nitric oxyd that I have very high from my last exams.

What do you suggest me ?

Thanks

Daniele

Kenshin

Maca root has a bit of hype around it, its not as potent an aphrodisiac as advertised.
In the Andes they eat it like potatoes...Its fed to livestock etc...Basically its used as a food more than a herb.

I dont know about the nitric oxide content, but as far as libido enhancers you may wanna
try a "zma" supplement (zinc magnesium B6), half dose if your female because the zinc is quite high.

Magnesium is essential for hormone balance, chocolate is known as an aphrodisiac and has the highest amount of magnesium of any food, along with phyto-compounds that increase dopamine.

If you live in a cold climate, the winter months can really mess with our hormones (due to lack of sunlight). Get direct sun when you can.

As for Maca, its ok, but there are more potent libido enhancing herbs.