May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

M1and M2 Muscarinic receptor antibodies among patients with POTS: potential disease biomarker

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Kyla, May 29, 2016.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    M1and M2 Muscarinic receptor antibodies among patients with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: potential disease biomarker

Pilot study described here:
    https://www.texasneurologist.org/AM...leTypeCode=PDF&iFileName=9_Divyanshu_Abstract

Larger replication study recruiting from Dysautonomia International conference:
    http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=240

J.G, rosie26, Mrs Sowester and 9 others like this.
  2. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Start the next study please:)

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

One previous study that looked for adrenergic receptor (AR) autoantibodies in POTS found α1AR antagonist autoantibodies, and β1AR & β2AR agonist autoantibodies.

ScottTriGuy, Valentijn and Justin30 like this.
  4. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Interesting, would a DMARD-agent like hydroxychloroquine then possibly benefit a subset of POTS-patients?

5. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

I have POTS I am on Florinef......the only thing that will ever stabalize my heart rate and only usually lasts for a day is a meyers cocktail....no huge spikes nothing something is messing with vagues nerve/Autonomic nervous system

See more popular forum discussions.