The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

M1and M2 Muscarinic receptor antibodies among patients with POTS: potential disease biomarker

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Kyla, May 29, 2016.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    M1and M2 Muscarinic receptor antibodies among patients with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: potential disease biomarker

Pilot study described here:
    https://www.texasneurologist.org/AM...leTypeCode=PDF&iFileName=9_Divyanshu_Abstract

Larger replication study recruiting from Dysautonomia International conference:
    http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=240

J.G, rosie26, Mrs Sowester and 9 others like this.
  2. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Start the next study please:)

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

One previous study that looked for adrenergic receptor (AR) autoantibodies in POTS found α1AR antagonist autoantibodies, and β1AR & β2AR agonist autoantibodies.

ScottTriGuy, Valentijn and Justin30 like this.
  4. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Interesting, would a DMARD-agent like hydroxychloroquine then possibly benefit a subset of POTS-patients?

5. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

I have POTS I am on Florinef......the only thing that will ever stabalize my heart rate and only usually lasts for a day is a meyers cocktail....no huge spikes nothing something is messing with vagues nerve/Autonomic nervous system

See more popular forum discussions.