1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

M.Fermentans test at UNEVX?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by mrpanoff, Jan 17, 2012.

1. mrpanoff

mrpanoff

I haven't found any M.Fermentans tests available except for the UNEVX Mycoplasma panel:

www.unevx.com/wp-content/themes/unevx/pdf/TEST_RQN_Sept_2011.pdf

They are also going to add M.Penetrans to the panel as I was told.

However, the panel is qualitative not quantitative and costs $400 + $700 2-day shipping from Europe.
    It's also not quite clear if it detects the Incognitus strain which is different both in size and genetically and may require specific primers.

Do Nicolson/Lo hypotheses still hold true, has anybody got tested positive for M.Fermentans and undergone relevant antibiotic treatment?

PS: Lo's patent if anybody needs it:
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...5,242,820.PN.&OS=PN/5,242,820&RS=PN/5,242,820

See more popular forum discussions.