New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

M.E Conference in Liverpool UK on 1.6.11

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by stevenski, Apr 25, 2011.

1. stevenski

stevenski Guest

This is for medics only am afraid. But does anyone know anything re Malcolm Hooper and Irving Spurr, who are the only 2 speakers, meant to be m.e experts?
    Thanks Steve(Stevenski)

2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    This looks promising stevenski - Emeritus Prof of Medicinal Chemistry - Uni of Sunderland - Malcolm Hooper has been the "backbone" of ME in the UK since long before my own 11 years ago. He writes, takes on all the opposition (see Website MEActionUK) and wiil Chair the London InvestinME (see site) in early May with the international and real Experts. I will research Irving Spurr more. All the best. Enid

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Steve - research shows Dr Irving Spurr is a practising GP and will also be speaking at the InvestinME about treating ME in general practice. It seems the 1/6/11 is about educating Docs at last. Would it be any help for you. (Both websites worth googling - there is much and you can take your choice)

4. Purple

Purple Bundle of purpliness

5. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Purple - thanks for additional info - the Enteroviral "connection" seems pretty conclusive now (all round). No testing for all the viruses being found now here.

6. Purple

7. insearchof

insearchof Senior Member

Even though this is for medics only...does anyone know if cd or DVDs will be available for purchase?

8. Purple

9. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Purple - just great to see.

See more popular forum discussions.