Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

lysine during methilation ? (Rich..)

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by daniariete2000, Jun 10, 2012.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Hi ,

I'm assuming 2 gr/day of Lysine HCL during the simplified methilation program . Do you know if this can increse the detox reaction too much or release glutammate ?

Thanks

Daniele

2. place

place Be Strong!

US
    I do take Lysine pill form. I have not had any trouble.

3. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, daniele.

As far as I know, taking lysine-HCl should not cause problems with detox or glutamate on the simplified methylation protocol. Lysine is helpful for making carnitine, which is usually low in ME/CFS. It is also helpful for countering herpes viral infections. Dosages as large as 10 grams per day have been taken for short times, but have not been tested over longer times. The kidneys are vulnerable to overdosage of lysine. Usual dosages are about 3 grams per day.

Best regards,

Rich

4. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Thanks a lot Rich ,

I've also sent you an e-mail. I don't know if you have received it...

5. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    I can't remember exactly why but I know your supposed to be on arginine if you take lysine for a while. Some kind of imbalance occurs otherwise.

6. cureminded

cureminded

I believe that if Lysine is taken for a herpes virus like EBV that feeds off arginine, the idea is to fool the virus because lysine is similar to arginine. So in that case taking arginine would be counter productive I guess.

See more popular forum discussions.