Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

lyme?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Fuzzyhead, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

Anyone had private blood tests for lyme and were positive?

2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Sure.

3. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I have just had the basic Elisa test done on the nhs thats negative so thinking of going private abroad.

4. msf

msf Senior Member

Well, I´m sure you will recieve lots of advice about what you should do!

5. duncan

duncan Senior Member

msf is right. :)

There are pro's and con's with going private.

You might want to check through the Lyme Forum here at PR to see what members have already opined, both for and against.

6. Maria1

Maria1 Senior Member

UK
    I also have had a negative NHS test. I've been wondering the same thing.

My guess is that I could find a positive blood test if I had enough money to keep getting different tests. There seem to be false positives and false negatives. I don't want to cause offence by saying this as I realise this is a rather hot topic. I think everybody needs to find there own place with this.

Then, if I did find a doctor to treat me, I'm not sure it's worth the stress of treatment. We all have our own individual ways of dealing with this and all our own lives to factor in.

I may have chronic Lyme. I may not have chronic Lyme. I might get better with treatment. I might not have it and push myself through something I don't have the energy for.

I don't have an answer right now, so I'm doing nothing. Maybe if I had the funds I'd feel differently! In some ways it feels easier that I don't as I would be scared of opening up doors I don't have the wherewithal to get through.

I'll be interested to follow your decision and best of luck

duncan likes this.
  7. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    For anyone in the UK who has negative NHS tests and suspects Lyme 9and I think we all should suspect it) you could check out Arminlabs.

I also highly recommend Lyme disease UK discussion forum on Facebook - lots of good info and friendly members over there who have been through it all...

<<<sits back and waits for arguments to now ensue>>>

8. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I am already on the facebook page and got a price from arminlabs for all the tests i should have according to my symptoms but there is no way i can afford them all right now £800 for them all. I might try the borelia elispot first thats about £175 with fedex delivery.

justy, maryb and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.