1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Strains are sort of like different types of Borrelia. Any given Lyme test usually only will recognize certain types or strains. Probably few (if any) tests will recognize the strain that is found in Iceland. There are over 100 strains or types that have been found in different countries of the world. In each country they test for just the strains that are found in the region. In Europe they test for more strains than in the US (I've read).

So it would be interesting to ask your doctor if the test used on you would recognize the garinii strain or type.

Best,
    Sushi
  2. Iris Huld Halldorsdottir

Iris Huld Halldorsdottir

So it would be interesting to ask your doctor if the test used on you would recognize the garinii strain or type.

He tested me for borrelia burgdorferi is that not just one type or?

See more popular forum discussions.