New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

lyme without joint, muscle pain and neurological symptoms

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by knackers323, Oct 19, 2015.

1. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

With the news from Lyme researcher Prof. Peter Irwin yesterday about Lyme in Australia I was thinking does anyone know anyone, heard of or know if its possible to have borrelia/Lyme but not have muscle/joint pain or neurological symptoms?

With fatigue/pem being the predominate symptom.

gregh286 likes this.
  2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Lyme reportedly has been linked to cardiomyopathy. Fatigue comes hand-in-hand with that.

I would distinguish between fatigue and PEM, as most here would. There are many that would say if you have true PEM, then you've ME/CFS.

It certainly is possible to have both a TBD and ME/CFS.

sarah darwins, Sidereal and Hanna like this.
  3. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    I don't have a lot of joint or muscle pain and my doctor thinks I have Lyme. I have always thought that lack of joint swelling, pain rules out Lyme, but maybe not. (Traditional Lyme docs require joint pain as a symptom)

I do have a tremendous number of neuro problems, but most of them developed later, and all were diagnosed very late. (Like 20 years after symptomatic)

My main symptom is fatigue and I do have PEM.

See more popular forum discussions.