• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

lyme without joint, muscle pain and neurological symptoms

knackers323

With the news from Lyme researcher Prof. Peter Irwin yesterday about Lyme in Australia I was thinking does anyone know anyone, heard of or know if its possible to have borrelia/Lyme but not have muscle/joint pain or neurological symptoms?

With fatigue/pem being the predominate symptom.

duncan

Lyme reportedly has been linked to cardiomyopathy. Fatigue comes hand-in-hand with that.

I would distinguish between fatigue and PEM, as most here would. There are many that would say if you have true PEM, then you've ME/CFS.

It certainly is possible to have both a TBD and ME/CFS.

JAH

I don't have a lot of joint or muscle pain and my doctor thinks I have Lyme. I have always thought that lack of joint swelling, pain rules out Lyme, but maybe not. (Traditional Lyme docs require joint pain as a symptom)

I do have a tremendous number of neuro problems, but most of them developed later, and all were diagnosed very late. (Like 20 years after symptomatic)

My main symptom is fatigue and I do have PEM.