Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lyme Disease : A Cure In Sight

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by redrachel76, Jun 30, 2014.

1. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    I don't visit this Lyme desease forum much, I got diagnosed with CFS+FMS, but I found this and I hope something will come out of it to help those of you with Lyme.

You need to click on the link for the whole article. Due to copyright, I have just quoted a part.
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lyme-disease--a-cure-in-sight-264215051.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    Lou, Hanna and Helen like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

Sounds like they're trying to stir up some hype for a non-medical commercial product.

Also a bit odd that they seem to say that treating Lyme with antibiotics causes chronic Lyme.

Tito likes this.
  3. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

Yeah, this makes me kind of suspicious too. I looked online and there are a lot of sheep placenta products in many forms (oral, transdermal, shots, etc.). It seems like we would know if it helped lyme disease. Additionally, antibiotics do not cause chronic lyme disease. Hmmmm. I have no idea. But certainly placenta and cord stem cells are options that might be developed into treatments, so who knows. But it's interesting to read about anyway so thanks for posting it

4. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    I tried to dig deeper yesterday and havn't found yet a Lyme patient who has used the stuff (MD junction, francophone lyme forums etc).

5. Kina

Kina Admin Support Staff

Ontario, Canada
    I clicked on their clinical research page and it didn't link to anything.

I clicked on their buy now link and this product product sells for 1700 dollars per 6 vials.

This appears to be an advertising 'press release'.

Lou, Sushi and Valentijn like this.
  6. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    It sounds like marketing hype and an over all hoax product. Sorry man no offence to you, or your post. I just have an easy time sniffing out the bullshit products and protocols greedy marketers try and offer to desperate patients.

See more popular forum discussions.