• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme diet

naoise

Hi

Only diagnosed this week and started antibiotics yesterday. Trying to figure out the best diet for Lyme while on antibioitcs.
Anyone know or follow any reccommended ones?

Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Since abx cause candida I'd do a candida-type diet as much as you can. I'm on doxy now for mycoplasma and i have much less gut issues if I keep sugar and carbs down.

Probiotics are essential. I am also taking nystatin to kill the bad stuff.

naoise

Thanks @minkeygirl i was thinking a candida diet would be best. Will start that tomorrow.
Are carrots or root veg ok on the diet or is it more of a keto diet so fats, greens and protein?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't know what keto is. You have to have fiber so just eat what works best, has the least amount of sugar. I don't get obsessed with it. I ate a bunch of carrots last night. I do what I can knowing as long as I'm on abx it's going to be up and down.

When I'm serious about candida, I use http://candidarecovery.com/diet.htm

You have to have probiotics, that I know. Oh and I also use Thorne SF 722 when I eat potatoes and stuff.

naoise

Ok great thanks @minkeygirl yeah you're right just do my best. I know fruit isn't great on antibioitcs so should stay clear I guess.

Will start probiotics. Never heard of Thorne will look that up.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I eat berries. They are much lower in sugar than other stuff. You have to be realistic about it what you eat and not cause other issues. I have IBS-C so there are some things I can't avoid.

You just do the best you can and don't obsess.

With the SF 722 if you decide to get it. I spoke the Karen Tripp about it and she said per her doc (that she mentions) to just take 2 with a meal that has carbs vs what the label says about taking it all the time. That's how I do it. I don't now where you are but I found it cheaper on Amazon.

naoise

I have ibs c but haven't found what helps yet. Maybe one day!
Thanks @minkeygirl yeah Amazon is probably best for me too.

It is easy to obsess isn't it when trying to heal but you're right there's no point!

Daffodil

some docs recommend digestive enzymes. I am gluten free. some people say giving up dairy was great...I haven't been able to do it