A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lyme and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Jlc26, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Jlc26

Jlc26

Has anyone had success lessening their Lyme tinnitus or getting rid of it? What methods or supplements may be helpful?

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I am not aware that I have Lyme, although my doctor seems to suspect it. Ginkgo Biloba 40 mg, 3 times/day diminishes my tinnitus.

zzz and Hanna like this.
  3. Vojta

Vojta Senior Member

Czech Republic
    I have serious tinnitus. It became much worse after acute encephalitis. Nothing ever helped directly. I hope that treating infection and lowering inflammation will help in a long term.

4. Jlc26

Jlc26

Little Bluestem, that's interesting about the Ginkgo. I have not read anything relating that to helping with Tinnitus. I'm glad that works for you! Best of luck to you Vojta. I have heard of some Lyme patients who have their tinnitus symptoms improve after antibiotics. Hoping that will be the same for me. I'm still working on getting diagnosed.

5. RosieBee

RosieBee Senior Member

UK
    I recently started HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) and found the tinnitus stopped during the 'dive'- it did return later, but the sound of silence was lovely.

Hanna likes this.
  6. Little Bluestem

Oh darn, I cannot remember all of the words. Now I am going to have to waste time goggling them.

7. RosieBee

RosieBee Senior Member

UK
  8. Little Bluestem

I was referring the the song The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel which popped into my head when I read your post. Thanks for the link, though.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  9. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I got my tinnitus from benzo withdrawal and its been around ever since but too much mb12 definitely ramps it up big time

Rlman likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.