• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme and Tinnitus

Has anyone had success lessening their Lyme tinnitus or getting rid of it? What methods or supplements may be helpful?

Vojta

I have serious tinnitus. It became much worse after acute encephalitis. Nothing ever helped directly. I hope that treating infection and lowering inflammation will help in a long term.

Little Bluestem, that's interesting about the Ginkgo. I have not read anything relating that to helping with Tinnitus. I'm glad that works for you! Best of luck to you Vojta. I have heard of some Lyme patients who have their tinnitus symptoms improve after antibiotics. Hoping that will be the same for me. I'm still working on getting diagnosed.

RosieBee

I recently started HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) and found the tinnitus stopped during the 'dive'- it did return later, but the sound of silence was lovely.