Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lying down puts pressure on my body

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Elvira81, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Elvira81

Elvira81

Anyone here who can feel that lying down feels extreamly heav for body.
    I mean the pressure from the bed, gravity...
    Sometime i feel i just have to sit up to relieve my body from the " bed-pressure".
    It like it gets to heavy for my body. It releases after have been sitting up for some time.

Anyone???
    (I had this for 3-4 years...gets worse...
    Sleeping elevated on many pillows helps..)
    Thankful for answers!

Countrygirl likes this.
  2. Elvira81

Elvira81

I know its a really strange problem. But im starting to feel a little desperate! I mean i cant lay down flat and sleep anymore, have to have pillows and that hurts my neck so....
    I mean it so crazy!: the pressure from bed is heavy on my body. (!?). Its sick.
    It feels like something deep inside my body gets strangled or blocked from the pressure on body from bed or floor etc.. It feels so bad that i have to sit up right away to relieve my body from it.
    Maye i dont breath proper or tense my self...no idea.:bang-head::thumbdown:.... It feels really terrible when it happens.

Countrygirl likes this.
  3. ivorin

ivorin Senior Member

I have a similar problem, I haven't been able to find anything that helps except changing my pose. I'm sorry :(

Countrygirl and Elvira81 like this.
  4. Elvira81

Elvira81

Oh... im sorry you have something similar. Its really terrible. When one need to sleep one gets labored and squeezed from lying down..
    Describe a little bit how you experience it if you want and can

Countrygirl and ivorin like this.
  5. ivorin

ivorin Senior Member

I get pressure and a clutching feeling in my chest and neck. It doesn't happen every day but when it does it's quite scary. The only thing that helps is lying on the side or sitting up. It usually comes and goes throughout the day.

6. Elvira81

Elvira81

It sounds really tricky:(.
    My pressure comes in night. Wake up after 2-4 hours sleep and have to sit up, like body is saying:" hey you cant lie down that long time im being squeezed!" ....crazy. But i can feel it in the day to. If i feel weak i cant sit on hard floor or chair etc, or cant wear tight clothes, it takes the last power out..:ill:
    Du you get trouble with heart rhythm also?

ivorin likes this.
  7. ivorin

ivorin Senior Member

Yeah, I have POTS, postural hypertension and often experience palpitations, it's all sad and lonely, just the life we were given.

Countrygirl likes this.
  8. Elvira81

Elvira81

Yes it very hard.
    Maybe i also have pots, a mild case. I recognised the symptoms when i red about it.

ivorin and Countrygirl like this.
  9. ivorin

ivorin Senior Member

You can test it if you can measure your heart rate. If it rises by 30 or more from the lying position to standing up you probably have POTS.

10. Elvira81

Elvira81

I always had a low bloodpressure, standing up made me suddenly weak, blurred vision, and then my heartpressure began to rise with my hear start pounding.

See more popular forum discussions.